3:10

| THE AFTERMATH:CHAPTER TEN |

| THE AFTERMATH:
CHAPTER TEN |

"Say not in grief that she is no more, but be thankful that she ever was and though she was taken far too soon, may her enduring light show us a way through this darkness. Let us mourn as we cannot move on until we do. And though the pain may at times seem like more than we can bare, make no mistake, we will move on. And even now, the words of Ecclesiasticus are ringing in my ears, they're saying vengeance as a lion shall lie in wait for them."

Vincent's voice rang out through the cemetery, almost hauntingly. He, Marcel, Josh, Rhea, Kol and Ares had gathered round Davina's tomb, giving her the farewell she deserved.

Josh stepped forward, "A while ago, forever ago, I told Davina a story about my first boyfriend but what I didn't tell her was that I had never shared that story with anyone else. She was like a sister and a best friend and I loved her. I wish th... uh..." He could barely finish his sentence, his emotions becoming far too overwhelming for him to form a coherent sentence.

Vincent then looked to Ares, who opened his mouth to speak, but nothing came out at first.

"I'm sorry, I can't." His voice cracked, he was still in denial about the whole situation. He believed that Davina would turn up at any given moment and tell them all to stop being stupid and that she wasn't gone.

Rhea squeezed her brothers hand comfortingly before stepping forward, "I've never had many friends, if any. I only knew two types of love, the love of my brother and the love of Kol. I never knew there were any other kinds. Davina was a friend and a sister, she knew me inside out and she never judged me. The love between two friends can be the greatest love of all and I'm glad Davina Claire was my best friend." She said through her tears, meaning every word. Davina Claire changed her life and she can't imagine what life would be like now, without the witch around.

She stepped back, nearly collapsing into Kol's arms, the vampire steadied her. Placing a kiss on her temple, proud that she had been able to say what she wanted— she had barely spoken a word since the ordeal.

Before Marcel could speak up, Kol's voice rang out, "I'll never forgive my family for what they've done. Davina didn't deserve this, she was worth ten of them. She will be missed." Everyone was surprised at his words, especially Marcel, knowing that he normally only showed his softer side to Rhea.

Marcels expression turned dark as he put away the piece of paper with a speech he had prepared, "Words aren't any good, the Mikaelsons need to answer for this. I'm gonna make them answer." He moved to stand in front of Davina's tomb, placing a hand on it, "I promise."

▽▲▽▲▽

"I'm leaving." Ares' voice startled Rhea and Kol, the three of them had been walking in a silence. Only the sounds of the city to be heard.