1:03

[ THE RISE: CHAPTER THREE ]

CADIZ, SPAIN, 1702

Rhea sighed as she looked around the cottage, blood and bodies were strewn everywhere, she knew she had to tidy the place up before Niklaus and Elijah saw any of it.

She knew what they would do to Kol if they saw this mess, and that's the last thing she wanted.

"KOL!" Klaus roared angrily, Rhea jumped at his tone of voice, turning to see him and Elijah enter the house, clearly disgusted by the state of the place.

Elijah sighs as he looks around, "All of my efforts to keep this family concealed. Yet, debauchery like this has led Father directly to us," Rhea's eyes widened, Mikael had found them?

"Please, don't do what I think you're about to do," Rhea pleaded, Elijah looked at her apologetically whereas Klaus didn't even look in her general direction, knowing what he was about to do would hurt the girl.

"Kol? Show yourself! This is no time for games!" Klaus shouted, after a moment, Kol stumbled into the cottage, still feeding on a woman as she whimpered in fear. Once the woman was dead, he carelessly dropped her body to the floor.

Kol smiled and gestured towards them, "Come, come brother, it is always time for games!" Kol then walks towards Rhea and gave her a loving kiss on the forehead, the only thing indicating that Kol had any humanity left within him.

He picked up a nearby mug of alcohol and lifted it towards the three of them in a toast.

"We must leave, Mikael is very nearly upon us." Elijah stated seriously, Kol sat down and propped his feet up on the table.

"If Mikael were upon us, I imagine Niklaus would be quite dead." Kol countered, and Rhea sighed, he was making matters worse.

"Kol.." She pleads, his eye softened at her voice but the moment was interrupted by Klaus.

"I barely escaped! Father left the head of my horse on a pike in the town square!" Klaus explained angrily.

"He killed poor Theo? What a beast! But, then, fathers always hated you most. Surely, he'll chase you if you flee, leaving me and Rhea here. Perhaps I'll make myself mayor? And marry Rhea." He mocked his brother, but his final five words were deadly serious as he looked towards the woman he loved with hopeful eyes.

Elijah looked unamused, "Rebekah, Ares and Finn have already boarded the ship. It is imperative that we remain together."

Kol rose to his feet in frustration, heading toward Niklaus, "Rebekah does what she's told because she fears Nik, and Finn is in to position to argue, given the dagger in his heart, as for Ares, well, one word from his sister would ensure he stays," he smirked, "I think the three of us will take our chances here!" He then turned to walk to Rhea but Elijah blocked his path, angering Kol.