1:01

[ THE RISE: CHAPTER ONE ]

It had been a long time since Rhea Monroe had set foot in the French Quarter, but for some bizarre reason, she wanted to see what the little Claire witch wanted with her

Davina Claire had been trying so hard to get any slightest indication as to where the older witch was, Rhea was honestly intrigued as to why she was needed so badly.

Heading in the direction where she could feel Davina was, there was an eery feeling about the French Quarter, she felt like she had just walked into a war zone.

She could see the petite girl up ahead and knew she had found the right person, she was chanting.. At a car? She only hoped the girl wasn't as much of a whack job as the majority of New Orleans witches.

"Davina Claire, just the person I was hoping to bump into." Davina looked up and her jaw dropped open, she didn't believe that the Monroe witch would even let her know of her whereabouts, let alone turn up out of the blue.

"Rhea?" She asked lowly and she got a nod, and a slight smirk in response.

"The one and only, I'm gonna cut this short and ask, what on earth do you want with me?" Rhea had turned serious, brow raised, pursed lips and a stance that clearly said that she was not a person to be messed with.

Davina stared at something over Rhea's shoulder and saw her best friend, Josh stumbling towards them.

"I promise, I will tell you later, but please don't let anybody know that you're here. Go to St. Anne's church, the attic, I know it sounds strange but trust me, I'm going to be making an offer you're not going to want to refuse." Davina had a look of pure determination on her face, something Rhea admired.

Looking behind her she saw what Davina was looking at, a vampire who looked like he was dying. Turning back to Davina, she sighed.

"Davina Claire, you better not be wasting my time, or I'm going to tear out your tongue, without magic."

▽▲▽▲▽