1:21

[ THE RISE: CHAPTER TWENTY ONE ]

In the Claire tomb, Rebekah and Rhea were frantically searching for a solution to Finn's hex

In the Claire tomb, Rebekah and Rhea were frantically searching for a solution to Finn's hex. Rhea found a passage in a book that could be useful and slammed it down on the table, a little too hard.

"Transubstantiation. We can combine it with a protection spell." Rebekah shook her head— dismissing the suggestion.

"Finn's spell blocks that. The body calls it, and then he dies. We need to jump him into a new one." Rhea grew frustrated, slamming the book shut, she was trying her hardest to stay calm— her heart was racing, her head was pounding and quite frankly, she hoped to wake up to find that this was apart of a bad dream— but she knew better than to hope for such a thing.

"We can't just pick another body at a farmers market, I don't even remember the spell for that!"

"Why can't your brother do that mysterious resurrection thing he did with you?" Rebekah questioned with a raised brow, hoping the solution had been right in front of them the entire time.

Rhea frowned, "That only works on my bloodline."

Kol, looking pale and weak in the corner, said to his sister, "Bex? Can you give me a moment alone with Rhea?"

Rebekah gave Kol a sympathetic smile, before leaving the tomb— he stood up from where he was sat, and approached the woman he loved with every fibre of his being, Rhea looked away— she knew if she looked him in the eyes, she would break down— the pain was overbearing, she couldn't believe this was happening all over again. Kol didn't deserve this, she knew that better than anyone. He made bad decisions and wasn't always on his best behaviour, like any normal person, yet somehow, Kol was the only one who ever paid for his wrong doings.

"I believe, I owe you a dance." He took her hand in one of his, and used his other to caress the side of her face— Rhea's breath grew laboured, willing herself not to break down, Kol didn't need to see her like that. She had to be strong, for him.

He lead her outside of the tomb, where he set up an old gramophone player— which started to play something old, Rhea didn't mind though— she'd do anything to make him happy.

The two of them came together like magnets, they seemed to fit together like two pieces of a puzzle— no one else would ever fit, for their connection was unique. As they slow danced, for the first time since the Mikaelson ball in Mystic Falls some time ago, they both let their tears flow. It was a truly heartbreaking moment, two lovers, together for a millennium— knowing that those were their final moments together. The depression that flooded Rhea before, had already started to creep up on her, she truly didn't know how she was going move on from this.