2:17

| THE STAND:CHAPTER SEVENTEEN |

| THE STAND:
CHAPTER SEVENTEEN |

Rhea had been trying to clean up her apartment from the events that occurred, but no matter how much she changed things around and tried to make it look different— the memories still remained.

Her phone ringing bought her out of her thoughts, upon seen Freya's name she rolled her eyes, "The answer is no."

A chuckle sounded on the other end, "As hard as it is to believe, I'm not calling you to ask for help, Rhea. I just wanted to let you know, Tristan won't be around for much longer and if you want to say your goodbyes, I suggest you get to Patrick's Dock."

Rhea huffed, "And what makes you think I would want to do that?"

"Rhea, I know full well that deep down, even if it's the smallest part, you care for Tristan." Freya said with a sigh.

"Okay." She hung up, looking at the time— wondering whether or not this was something she wanted to do. On one hand, she was willing to let Tristan get what was surely coming to him, and let that chapter of her life be closed once and for all. On the other hand, she felt like she had a lot she needed to say— she was torn.

It was another twenty minutes before she decided her plan of action, and she found herself teleporting herself to the outside of Patrick's Dock. Forgetting that she had lost a vast majority of her power, she felt weak once she'd arrived— she would have to bare in mind that she couldn't do such strenuous things whilst her magic was like this.

She could feel the tension in the air once she entered the warehouse, only Klaus, Elijah and Hayley remained. Tristan was being held in a shipping container, Rhea could feel the magic seeping out of it— she could only guess the weapon everyone had been so scared about had been used on him, effectively trapping him. Just like he had planned for the Mikaelsons.

"So, this is to be my end?" Tristan asked, Elijah smiled patronisingly but before he could reply, Rhea spoke up.

"Wait," all eyes turned to her, she didn't even acknowledge the Mikaelson brothers, only nodding in respect to Hayley— the only one she could still tolerate, "I need to have my say."

Stopping directly in front of Tristan, she started, "Not so long ago, you asked me a question. You asked whether it would've been you, had the Mikaelsons not arrived in Marseilles. The truth is, yes, it would've been. Only because you would've never become a vampire, you wouldn't have let yourself become so obsessed with power and revenge. You wanna know why it was always Kol?

Because even when his humanity was teetering on the edge, when every instinct in his body was telling him to go on a killing spree, he always put me first. That's something you wouldn't understand, all you cared about was building your empire, creating this superior army so that no one could defeat you. You've defeated yourself, in the end, Tristan. Ended by the one thing you sought out to use on your very creators. And I pity you, once upon a time I cared for you, but that's long gone. You're gonna spend the rest of your existence regretting a lot of things, but I won't spare another thought for you, Tristan De Martel."