1:10

[ THE RISE: CHAPTER TEN ]

Kol had gone to see what his mother wanted him for— leaving Rhea and Davina to their own devices. Rhea was worried of what Esther may do to Kol, knowing that his family don't take well to disobedience

"He's going to be fine, Rhea, don't worry." Davina reassured her friend, sensing her distress.

"You don't understand how much of a twisted psycho that woman really is." Rhea replied with a sigh.

"You still love him, don't you?"

It wasn't a question that actually needed to be answered, both Davina and Rhea knew the answer. No matter what happens, or what will happen, Rhea Monroe will always be completely and utterly consumed with love for Kol Mikaelson.

"I never stopped, I don't think I ever will stop loving him— but it hurt, this was the first time he's ever lied to me, that's big, you know? Trusting someone for so long, it's not like it was something small either, this was major, and then feeling like every bit of trust I had for him has been torn apart. And the fact that he has to do Esthers bidding because she bought him back to life? That angers me, to the point where I literally feel like I'm going insane.

The whole Mikaelson dynamic is so screwed up, Kol could've been so much more, if only they had given him a chance." Rhea didn't mean to ramble on, but once she started talking, she couldn't stop.

"Well, the way I see it, you've been given a second chance. Don't wait too long to take it, you never know when it might be taken away from you." Davina was secretly referring to her first love, Tim, he had been taken away from her before they got their second chance.

"You know, Davina Claire, I thought you were just gonna be a little girl with way too big ambitions, but you're the closest thing I've ever had to a best friend, apart from my brother." Davina was slightly shocked at the admission, for the Rhea Monroe that she had first met kept her thoughts and feelings to herself.

"You have a brother?"

"Had. He was killed in the 1800's, never found out who by— no leads or anything, it was pretty much an assassination. Whoever done it, had a witch who made sure I wouldn't find out who they were." She paused, feeling the pain of losing her brother all over again.

Davina took Rhea's hand in her own, "When this is all over, we will find out who killed your brother. I promise, and I know— I know you put on this front for the world, but I want you to know, you're not alone. I've got your back, you're the closest thing I've ever had to a sister. I'm not going anywhere." Rhea's eyes had filled with unshed tears, she knew if one were to fall, many more would.

"Thank you, Davina Claire." She paused, "But I think that is enough emotion for the both of us today— and don't you dare ever tell anyone that I have an emotional side, because I will still rip out your tongue."

Davina laughed, "I wouldn't expect anything less."

▽▲▽▲▽

Kol had texted Rhea telling her that he needed both her and Davina to meet him at a tomb she knew all too well. Upon their arrival, they saw Kol sitting outside of the mausoleum, an athame in his hand.