2:13

| THE STAND:
CHAPTER THIRTEEN |

"This venue is brilliant. A neutral space where magic is useless, it should do nicely. At least until I install a suitable Regent to shepherd the local witches." Tristan remarked, looking round the St. James infirmary with a twinkle in his eye.

Marcel smiled smugly, "Oh, well that might take a while. See, the last Regent was shunned and the one before that, murdered. No one is really eager to step up— and I doubt you'd chance even asking Rhea to try and get in with the witches here."

"As a member of this organisation, you should know that we do not wait for men to 'step up'." Tristan patronised before standing to his feet and stared hard into Marcel's eyes.

"We step them up."

"Okay, so we install an ally as Regent. Good plan— if you can find a witch who's willing to do your bidding."

Tristan smirked, "We have a candidate, you see I thought long and hard about ways I could get Rhea back on side and then I found this young, malleable young man. His name is Van Nguyen. It seems someone killed his mother. As it is Christmas, and I am —despite reputation— a charitable man, I made an offer. He'll use his powers to do as I ask." He gave Marcel a patronising pat on the arm before leaving with his guard.

▽▲▽▲▽

"Ugh! I think I prefer the bottom of the murky sea to that restroom." Rebekah complained as she exited the gas station, Elijah was filling his car's tank with gasoline and Rhea had gone to try and find some decent snacks for the trip back to The French Quarter.

Rhea had to beg Elijah to let her go with him to retrieve Rebekah, the vampire not wanting her to go incase there were any traps waiting, but he also thought that some time away from the madness of the Quarter would be good for her.

"Still hungry, are we?" Rhea teased, amused at how pouty Rebekah was being.

The female Mikaelson groaned in frustration before rubbing her wrist, something that didn't go unnoticed by Rhea, "I'm not hungry, I'm angry! Staked by your ex, drowned by Nik's.. you two need to take a leaf out of Kol's book when it comes to women."

Rhea chuckled but Elijah found her statement less than amusing, only rolling his eyes before saying, "Could the lesson be yours to learn, Rebekah? Didn't you damn one to an eternity to viciously antagonise the other?"

"Do those lunatics actually believe the prophecy?" Rebekah asked after realising what exactly Elijah was implying.

When he doesn't reply, she turns to Rhea, "He's joking, right?" When Rhea also stayed quiet, Rebekah looked at them both in disbelief.

"You'd be foolish to ignore the manifestation of these omens." Elijah sighed, Rebekah scoffed at her brother.

"We can't be killed, Elijah!"

"The prophecy does state one of you will fall by family." Rhea added.

"Well I would never hurt you, you killed half the navy rescuing me. Freya hates traitors.." Rebekah trailed off before suddenly wincing and rubbing her arm. Rhea noticed once again, Elijah was too distracted by their discussion to notice.