3:08

| THE AFTERMATH:
CHAPTER EIGHT |

| THE AFTERMATH:CHAPTER EIGHT |

SOUTH AFRICA: 1579

"Why do we always end up having to run?" Rhea questioned breathlessly as both her and Kol ran quite literally, for their lives.

"Because we tend to annoy the wrong people, love." Kol replied with a chuckle, looking over his shoulder to see if they were still being followed.

He slowed down, "I think we're clear for now."

Rhea stopped, panting for a few seconds, before looking at Kol who was smiling at her.

"What?" She asked, suddenly feeling self conscious.

"Am I not allowed to admire your beauty?" He questioned, a cheeky smile on his face. Rhea shook her head, laughing slightly.

She stepped towards him, but before she could lean up to place her lips on his, a voice spoke.

"Now, we have you trapped." It was the leader of the coven they had just severely pissed off, taking a quick glance, Rhea counted ten witches surrounding them.

"You go left, I'll go right." She whispered to Kol, and with a quick nod of his head, they got to work on ending the coven. Rhea threw her hand out, snapping the necks of the five witches on her side whilst Kol ended the lives of the other five in record time.

Rhea felt slightly weakened, and stumbled a little bit. Kol was quick to hold her up, wrapping an arm around her waist, "Easy love."

She wrapped her arms around his neck, looking up into his eyes, the connection between them still as strong as the day they met.

"God, I love you." He told her before placing his lips over hers, completely and utterly besotted with the witch.

▽▲▽▲▽

Rhea cried out as the chanting stopped, and when she opened her eyes, she noticed she was no longer in the ancestral plane. She was in the compound. She noticed Davina next to her and immediately breathed out a sigh of relief, embracing her friend.

When she turned, she saw Kol, who walked towards her, careful not to break the circle. His face held unparalleled guilt, the sight was enough to bring tears to Rhea's eyes.

Ares and Davina started whispering to themselves whilst Kol and Rhea just stared at each other, his eyebrows furrowed in concern at the cut on her forehead.