4:03

| FOR HOPE, FOR FAMILY
CHAPTER THREE |

| FOR HOPE, FOR FAMILY CHAPTER THREE |

RIO DE JANEIRO

"ARE MY EYES DECEIVING ME or is this a Monroe witch stood in front of me?" An unfamiliar voice said over the music of the almost empty bar. Rhea was sat alone whilst Kol snuck off for a light snack, promising to be back quickly.

Rhea raised a brow as she turned to the stranger, "Who's asking?"

The man smirked, "No one in particular but you see, it's interesting you should come to Rio. A place where few witches remain."

"A sad story, really." Rhea commented before turning away and sipping her drink.

"Whole lot of power in one, tiny little woman." The man meant against the bar, not taking his eyes off the witch, "You know that saying 'sharing is caring' something like that?" His accented voice asked.

Rhea chuckled, "Oh sweetheart, you couldn't handle the amount of power running through my veins."

The mans face turned serious, and he grabbed hold of her wrist, "I wasn't asking." He went to pull her off the stool but Kol suddenly appeared, pushing the man away from his wife.

"Do we have a problem here, mate?" Kol may have been off drinking the blood of a local but he had kept his ears trained on Rhea, always ready to protect her.

The man looked him up and down, "I should've known. Wherever the female Monroe is, the wild Mikaelson follows." He paused for a second, "I was just saying, she may be pretty and all, but we both know all she's really good for is that magic infused into her blood."

Rhea chuckled, amused, "And now you have a problem."

Precisely two seconds after, Kol had chucked the man across the bar, the latter hitting a far wall before falling to the floor.

Upon seeing their leader attacked, five more witches stood from a nearby table, their eyes trained on Kol.

Rhea sighed, standing from her stool, "Before you make another move, I'd think very carefully about what yo-" Before she could finish one of the witches raised a hand, making her choke— oxygen leaving her body at a fast rate.

Kol was quick to stop the witch, snapping their neck in a flash. Rhea laughed when she came to, "Now that was fun, who's next?"

"Anyone?" Kol questioned, looking at the remaining four. They looked between each other and nodded before fleeing the bar.

"I do hate it when they give up." Kol remarked, coming to stand in front of Rhea.

"You're an idiot. I could've handled that, alone." She said with a raised brow.

"What kind of husband would I be if I let some creep in a bar try to steal my wife's magic?" He asked with a smirk.

Rhea sighed frustratedly, "You know you're really annoying, right?"

Kol grinned before placing a peck on her lips, "Come on, let's get out of here."

▽▲▽▲▽

The two had just entered a club that was swarming with people, much more their scene. Whilst Kol looked for his first prey, Rhea went to get drinks.

The bar was full of people waiting to be served but one wave of her hand and the bar tender was taking Rhea's order, much to everyone else's dismay.

She returned to the table she had agreed to meet Kol at, drinks in hand, to see him sat looking uninterested as a very scantily clad woman tried her hardest to flirt.

Rhea cleared her throat loudly, capturing the attention of the two, Kol smirked— seeing the displeased look on her face.

The woman with her bleach blonde hair which looked in awful condition, heavy makeup that looked like it may melt off any second, simply looked up at Rhea, no remorse present.

"Would you give us a moment, sweetie?" She all but purred, Rhea seethed. The sound of the two glasses smashing on the floor was heard next before Rhea leant over, placing her hands on either side of the woman's chair, giving her no escape.

"I'm going to give you five seconds, no actually ten, seeing as those heels look like they make it hard to walk, to get away from this table and me. Otherwise? I will quite literally, tear you to pieces. Got it, sweetie?" She asked with a menacing smirk. The woman barely nodded before removing herself from the seat and scurrying away.

Seeing the devious smirk on Kol's face, it all pieced together for Rhea.

"Did you just compel that whole situation?" She questioned with a raised brow.

Kol sipped his drink slyly, "Glad to know you still get jealous, love."

"You are unbelievable, but I love you." She told him, coming to sit on his lap.

"How do you feel about the French Riviera?"

Rhea looked up at him, "Good place to party, why?"

Kol shrugged, "Bex is there, think she's getting lonely."

Rhea smiled happily, "I'm happy to go wherever as long as I'm with you, Kol."

He looked down at her, still not sure as to how he got so lucky, so lucky to have a woman like her by his side throughout every single thing life had thrown at them. It would never not be surprising to him, she was a dream, a picture perfect dream become reality.

▽▲▽▲▽

Short chapter before continuing The Originals!

Hope you all liked it 😘
- Meg