Chapter 1

I woke up from a bad dream, well more of a flashback. It was when I was younger, my dad pushing me into the wall over and over, while I'm crying out in pain. My mother watching too coward to do anything. As I try pushing the thoughts out of my head I look at the clock. Come on, I'm late and it's the first day of sophomore year, well for me anyways. We just moved here to Seattle. I used to live in Chicago, but my dad found a better job. Anyways it's great more attention added on to me, that's just what I need for the new day. Note my sarcasm.

I run to my mom and dad's room. By the way, if you didn't know, I hate my dad, you would too if you were me.

"Mom get up I'm already late" I scream while panicking. She instantly woke up.

"Get ready now I'll be downstairs in 10 minutes" she says.

If there's one thing my mom hates its being late.

I quickly throw on the uniform white polo, navy blue skirt which was really short on me since I'm tall, I add knee high socks with white converse. I than add a bow on my ponytail.

"Did you take your pills?" My mom asks.

"I don't want too" I say.

"Here" she says while handing me the three bottles. I take my depression, anxiety, and bipolar pills.

"All done" I say.

My mom grabs the keys to the black Mercedes and I hop in the car. No I'm not rich, the school I am now about to attend is a public school, and my house isn't that big. I'm more of in the middle class.

"Bye see you at 2:40" she says.

I close the door.

"Here we go" I mutter under my breath.

No one is wearing uniform... Great so I'm the only one wearing their stupid uniform.

I walk inside Aberdeen High School. I see a bunch of girls wearing mini skirts and shirts the don't even cover their bellies. I guess it's the new trend. They all look at me and whisper even the guys. Except for one, he just stared at me. I hunched my back a bit because I started to feel insecure. I than walk to the office.

"Hello are you Aubrey?" the lady at the front desk asks.

"Umm yes, how did you know?" I ask.

"Well no one wears uniform here unless they're new"

"Oh" I say awkwardly while hunching my back a bit again.

"Here's your schedule, your locker combos, and books" she says while handing me it.

I put the books and locker combos in my backpacks. Leaving out my schedule.

I first found my locker.

"Is this your locker?" this blonde girl asks sweetly.

"Yes" I say lowly because I'm shy.

"I'm Jessica, what's your name?"

"Aubrey" I utter.

"Great" she says. She than takes a big pink glittery market and writes slut on it. Her friends than laugh with her at me as I run away to my first period class which was music. Yes.

"Class we have a new student, Aubrey Williams. My name is Mrs.Page" she says.

"You can sit right over there Ms.Williams" Mrs.Page says to me kindly.

While walking between the aisles of desks with my head down some boys were whistling and girls were whispering. While walking further more a girl tripped me and I fell while everyone laughed at me except for one guy. I saw him earlier.

I shared a desk with this same guy. He had greasy dirty blonde hair, his head was down so I couldn't really see his face, but his shirt had the band Led Zeppelin on it and I love that band.

"Well today in music were gonna be learning how to read music and you and your partner are gonna be picking an instrument. It can be anything you want" Mrs.Parker said.

"So um do you want to pick guitar?" I ask shyly.

"Sure" he said while looking just at the desk and laughed.

"What's so funny?" I asked curiously.

He looked up at me with his bright blue eyes as I just stared into them.

"I'm Kurt" he says while putting his hand out.

"Aubrey" I say while shaking it.

"Look at that. the two freaks like each other" the same girl that wrote on my locker yelled.

"What's your problem? If I were you I would be kind to the new girl. Being mean doesn't make you cool, in fact it makes you seem shallow and fake." I say to her confidently.

"Your gonna wish you didn't do that" Kurt whispered to me.

"Oh you just wait" she yelled at me.

Then the bell rang for second period.

"What do you have next?" Kurt asked me while handing me my music book that I just got from the teacher.

I took it my trapper keeper and showed him.

"You have art too. Just follow me." he says. I than grabbed the book and put it in my hand.

Since his hand was still out I thought he wanted me to hold so I did.

He than looks down at our hands awkwardly.

"Sorry I thought you wanted me to hold your hand" I say while jerking my hand away embarrassed.

"I don't mind" he says while holding my hand again and we both smile while walking towards art.

Lunch

Kurt showed me the place where he usually eats which is behind the school. It's so that no one will bother him. We both sit down on the cold wet grass having our backs against the walls.

"Shoot I forgot my lunch at home" I say while smacking myself in the forehead. He laughs.

"We can share my lunch I don't really eat a lot." he says while opening his brown sack.

"Why not?" I ask like it was any of my business.

"I just have stomach problems." He says awkwardly.

"Sorry" I say.

He then hands me half of his peanut butter and jelly.

"Thanks" I say to him while biting into it.

As I devour it.

I then burp.

"I am so sorry that was completely not lady-like."

He then burps back and laughs.

"Here" he says. He bites into an apple and hands me the rest. I give him a questionable look.

"Thanks" I say while finishing it.

"So what do your parents do?" I ask.

"Well I don't really see my dad because my parents are divorced." he says like he's about to cry. I better be careful with what I say to him he seems sensitive but so am I.

"At least your not abused by him" I utter and roll my eyes adding a small awkward laugh. I then realize what I just said and covered my mouth. As he raises his eyebrows. Plus who laughs at that. I'm such an idiot.

"I was just kidding" I say.

"No your not" he says bluntly.

"Okay I'm not but please don't tell anyone I'm begging you" I say while grabbing his hand and putting it up to my face.

"Your weird" he says.

"You are too." I say to him as we both laugh awkwardly.