Chapter 21

Today was Kimberly's birthday. She's seven now. My baby girl. I feather curl my hair to make it super 70's like because that's basically her what her whole party is. 70's roller skating. I put on a striped tank top that was cropped above my belly button. I then add red booty shorts, a red wrist sweat bracket thing, some striped socks and I put on my tanned colored roller skates. I then do my makeup making my face look glowing. I didn't add any eyeliner though because that would defeat the purpose. I woke up super early to set up for her birthday. I put balloons every where. A bunch of 70's things. I bought snacks and juice boxes and water bottles and a boom box. It's gonna be super cool. I even bought her some new roller skates to match the dress she was wearing. But the roller skates are her present.

It was then 10:30am

"Wake up doll." I say to Kim as I sat at the edge of her bed.

"It's my birthday!" She screams.

"I know." I say and then sing her happy birthday. I call Dave.

Phone Convo

Hey it's Aubrey

Oh hey what's up in actually picking out her present right now.~ Dave

You always do things last minute.

I know. What's up?~ Dave

When you come and can you stop by at the bakery and get her cake. It's under my name. I can pay you back when you get here.

No problem. No need to pay me back.~ Dave

Your a sweetie. Okay love you bye.

Love you too bye.~ Dave

End of Phone convo

I just said love you to Dave. What was I thinking. Its just kind of slipped out. Oh well I don't really care.

I see a parked car outside the house and it looks like Kurt's car. As I roll outside on my roller skates it was Kurt and he was crying.

I open the passenger door and get in.

"Kurt baby what's wrong?" I asked him.

"Nothing" he said coldly while he wiped his tears.

"Kurt babe tell me what's wrong?" I ask sweetly and touch his arm.

"I'm such a bad father"

"Kurt no don't say that." I say.

"But it's true."

"No it's not you came to her birthday party and came early."

"Courtney's mad at me." he says.

"Well do you really love Courtney?" I ask him.

"Yes"

That hurt me. it felt like someone made a rip in my heart.

"Do you still love me?" I asked while looking down.

"Of course, I loved you first. Which means I'll love you forever no matter what. Your first she's second." he says. I smile and kiss his cheek.

"Well who cares if she's mad at you. it's your daughters birthday." I say.

"Oh I got her a necklace that says, my little nugget. I will always love you forever. I'll be always with you. - Kurt Cobain (Dad). I also want to give her this guitar. It's my favorite one and I want her to have it. Oh and some clothes." Kurt said while reading it.

"Woah I wish I had a dad like you. Kurt the necklace, it's beautiful. I think she'll love it" I say to him as I look at it and put it back in the bag.