Chapter 11

~1990~

I lost a bunch of weight. All I eat are tomatoes and avocados. I know weigh about 110 pounds which was my normal weight before. I look at myself in the mirror and take a black and white Polaroid picture of me. Kurt hasn't called or came to see his daughter. She's now 5 and I'm 22, while Kurt is 23.

"Morning" Kimberly said to me as I walk out of the bedroom.

"Morning" I say back to her.

"Um Kurt called" she said. She sounds so mature for her age.

"What?!! What happened? And you call him dad." I say to her.

"Well he's basically just said that he wanted to see me and maybe we can meet up for frozen yogurt and like do something fun" she says.

"Your growing up to fast" I tell her. I'm just finally happy Kurt called to see her. I kind of got over him. It still makes me sad thinking about what happened, he was so rude to me. When he sees me I want him to think, Wow I missed out. I put on a grey shirt, black worn out skinny jeans that had a hole where my knee was, then some black converse. I then put a watch on and do my make up and hair. I don't do a lot though because I want to look natural.

I brush Kimberly's short hair and she tucks it behind her ears.

"What do you want to wear?" I ask her.

"This" she says and takes out a white tank top, a black pleated skirt, and some white no-heeled jelly shoes.

"Cute I like your style" I tell her. She then puts it on and we walk to my car.

"Did he tell you where?" I asked.

"I don't remember he said the one close to the big mall." she said.

"Oh I know which one now" I say.

"Buckle up" I tell her and look at the back to see her buckled. I then do the same and start the car driving down.

I feel my stomach drop when I see Kurt sitting there from across the street. He was wearing glasses, some jeans, a cardigan, and converse.

"Hold mommies hand" I say to her and we run across the street. We then walked into the frozen yogurt.

"Hi" I say.

"Hey" Kurt said and hugs me but I don't hug back.

"There's my precious girl." Kurt says to her.

She started to get shy and hid behind me.

"It's daddy" Kurt said to her a little sad that shes shy.

"Well she hasn't seen you in a while. Plus you look different." I say.

"You look different" he says.

"Well ya you called me fat really meanly so of course I got skinny again" I said.

"You missed her birthday wait do you even know when her birthday is?" I ask and cross my arms.

"October 24, 1985" he says.

"Well if you know it why didn't you call?" I asked.

"I was but I thought you would hate me" he said. I roll my eyes.

"I want ice cream now" Kim says.

"Have Kurt help you" I say to her sweetly.

"But I don't know him that well" she says to me.

I look at Kurt to see him look sad.

"That's daddy Kim" I tell her.

She goes up to him and taps his shoulder.