Chapter 24

Kim was already at school and I am getting ready to go to her talent show. I put on a short, purple, sparkly dress. I add some white high heel boots that they wore in the 70's. I then do my make up. Contouring my face and adding a light red lipstick to my lips. I then add mascara. I leave my hair down and straight. I then grab the flowers I bought for her to give her after.

It was then 12:40pm so I start to drive over to her school. Once I found a parking space, I walked in the auditorium. A bunch of married men standing right next to their wives were staring at me and winking. I guess my dress was a bit short. I find a seat right in the front row and save a seat for Kurt. It was then 1:00pm. Kurt's not here.

1:20pm

"Now this is Kimberly Cobain singing a song written by her dad, I'm sure you've all heard it called Something In The Way and then Drain You." the principal said in the mic.

I then take my video camera out and hit record zooming in closer on her face. Kurt's a bastard. I can't believe he's not here. Kimberly looks out into the crowd and looks at me and sees the empty chair next to me and frowns but continues. She sat on the stool and wiped a tear that fell down her cheek.

She then sang and played the guitar, it was really beautiful. I felt so grateful and blessed to have seen my little baby Girl sing and be so talented.

After she sang both songs and played them. She grabbed her guitar and started crying while running of stage. After she did that I stopped recording, but it still was on tape.

After three more people go and preform their "talent" they are addressing the winners. I take my camera out and start to record.

"In third place is... Jesse Rodriguez who recited poems... In second place goes to Monica Torres who sang the national anthem... Our first place winner... who is absolutely talented... goes to... KIMBERLY BODDAH COBAIN!" He said on the microphone. They all went up and Kimberly's eyes were red and puffy. They gave her the big trophy and a certificate saying she won.

After they handed it to her and shook her hand, I stopped recording and threw the camera in my bag. Then the Talent Show was over and all the kids went to that parents.

I found Kimberly and ran to her and have her the biggest hug and handed her flowers.

"Great job Kim. If Kurt was here he would have been really proud." I say.

"Yeah, but he wasn't." she cried into my shoulder.

"Don't worry mommies gonna beat up daddy for that. You like that?" I asked. She shook her head no.

"Well I'm still gonna do it anyways" I say and she laughs. She then smells the flowers and holds them.

"Do you wanna go for some ice cream my little champion?" I asked. She nodded her head yes. We both got a swirl ice cream cone dipped in this chocolate thing. It was so good.

"I am so proud of you honey" I say to her and she smiles while eating her ice cream. Her smile wasn't real it was fake. I could tell, because I used to do that a lot. I decided to ignore it just for today and eat my ice cream.

"Do you wanna go see Dave today?" I asked Kim.

She nods her head and stared at the table.

As we finish our ice cream she wipes her face with her napkin and then her eyes.

"It's okay to cry Kim. You don't have to hide it." I say to her.

She ignores me. Paparazzi follows us every where and it's so annoying. I try to cover her face as we get to the car. I then drive to Dave's house.