Episode 3: First Encounter

Miles was rushing to the staff room to change into his Spider-man suit and walk outside of the rooftop. To his surprise, he met one of his classmates, Sam who was about to wear his Nova helmet. Both of them stared at each other awkwardly.

"Umm...do you wanna go first?" Miles was holding his Spider-man mask patiently.

"I think we both do it together," Sam suggested.

Sam puts his helmet on and Miles wears his mask. Spider-man swings out while Nova flies.

"I didn't know Spider-man had assigned you as a sidekick."Nova joked.

"Nah, he's out of town so he said I'm responsible for looking after the city. I am the Spider-man by the way." Spider-man explained.

"That's interesting. Call me Nova." Nova said.

Both of them saw the Jackal running with one of the stolen Stark techs and shooting at the building.

"Jackal?! What is he doing here?" Spider-Man wondered.

"I thought he should be at animal control center," Nova suggested.

Spider-Man landed in front of the Jackal.

"Stop right there!" Spider-Man pointed his finger at the Jackal.

"You're not going anywhere!" Nova stood behind Jackal.

"Well, well, well looks like I got new kids to deal with." Jackal used the blaster to shoot at both Spider-Man and Nova. Both of them dodged.

"Oh, this is the best way to test this!" Jackal continued shooting the blaster at Nova and Spider-Man who were dodging.

Nova blasts photon at the Jackal . Instead, it hits the stairway outside the apartment. The stairway was about to fall on an old lady. Luckily, Gwen quickly grabbed her on one side. The old lady thanked her and walked away. Gwen saw both Nova and Spider-Man busy fighting with the Jackal.

Jackal was blasting at one of the helicopters. The helicopter quickly fell where Gwen was standing. Her face turned pale. Spider-Man's sense tingled.

"Oh no! She needs my help!" Spider-Man was about to save Gwen. To his amusement, Jackal quickly grabbed Gwen and crawled onto the wall of the building.

"What the heck was that?" Spider-man rubbed his eyes. "Well, at least he did my job. Wait, I forgot about the helicopter!"

He used the web power to pull the helicopter.

"Here, I got you" Nova lifted the helicopter and put it on the ground.

"Let me go!" Gwen struggled to set free from the Jackal.

'I'm here to protect you!" The Jackal reassured.

"No, you're not!" Gwen punched on Jackal's face and Jackal let her go.

Gwen screamed as she was falling from the height. Spider-man quickly grabbed Gwen.

"Hey!" Spider-man greeted.

He lands her on one side.

"Now, you're safe from the Jackal," Spider-man reassured.

"Thanks. I thought this was the end of my life. But I don't mean to judge you. By any chance, are you Spider-man's sidekick? Oh, are you are kid spider?" Gwen asked.

"Umm...I'm just Spider-Man. The real one was out of town." Spider-man explained.

"So you're helping him to do jobs." Gwen guessed.

"Yeah!" Spider-man nodded.

"That makes sense!" Gwen understood.

"Spider-man! Stop talking to that girl and help me to stop that green beast!" Nova called as he was dodging from Jackal who was scratching and blasting him with bluster.