Episode 8:Crushed

"Okay, class. I'll be pinning your project grades on the front noticeboard. So class dismissed." Ms Clara walked out of the classroom.

Kamala, Sam, Miles, and Doreen rushed to the noticeboard.

"Oh man, we got a B..." Miles looked down.

"Seriously, we work so hard for this!" Kamala complained.

"Teacher these days being so strict." Sam folded his arms.

"Come on guys! We did better! At least, a "B" is a good grade!" Doreen cheered.

"Come on my mom's gonna kill me!" Kamala cried.

"Same here, dude!" Sam agreed.

"I'm scared because my mom hates to see me getting a " B"!" Miles overreacted.

"Wow, your parents are strict." Doreen folded her arms.

"OF COURSE DOREEN!" Miles, Sam, and Kamala shouted.

Sam took a deep breath "At least, we got the next Science projects. I hope all of us will contribute and stop procrastinating. "

"Procrastinating huh? Sam, didn't you procrastinate a few days ago by going to space? Doreen and Miles, you guys went to skateboarding. " Kamala frowned.

"And Kamala, you did procrastinate by going out on Avengers Campus," Doreen said savagely.

Kamala sighed.

"Well, all of us make mistakes. Yeah, we all should focus on what's next. We will forget about this project. Come on, can we just learn from the mistake?" Miles explained.

All of them agreed and walked out of the classroom. On the other hand, Gwen was packing her bag. A colorful notebook cover caught her eyes so she went towards it. She saw "Miles Morales" name in calligraphy. She started to flip the notebook pages, seeing many math equations, and a drawing of Spider-Man. Miles was searching for his notebook in his locker.

"Great! Looks like I left it in my class!" Miles slams the locker and stomps off. Suddenly, he got hit by Gwen. her books dropped on the floor.

"Oh no no no! I'm sorry! It's my fault!" Miles kneels on the ground and helps to pick books up for Gwen.

Gwen kneeled on the ground, grabbing her books.

"You don't need to apologise" Gwen chuckled.

Miles looked up and was shocked to see Gwen. That's the girl I saved a few days ago. Umm...should I tell her that I saved her as a Spider-Man or...? All the questions were flying on his mind.

"You're Miles Morale, right? " Gwen asked gleefully.

" Yeah, how did you know me?" His eyes were widened.

"I saw you coming late to the Science fair last week. Maybe, I assume you meet that new Spider-man and Nova who was stopping the Jackal. They're amazing! " Gwen explained.

"Umm..." Miles froze in shock as Gwen stared at him cheerfully.

"Yeah, he saved my life. Can't believe that Jackal wants me to come to Science fair late. " Miles scratched his head and laughed nervously.

"Oh, I forget to introduce myself. My name is Gwen. Nice to meet you, Miles! " Gwen placed her hand in front of Miles.

Miles's palm was sweating and his heart was beating fast.

"Umm...are you okay?" Gwen asked, putting her hand down.

"Yeah, yeah, I'm great! It feels like we met for the first time." Miles gave her a weak smile.