Episode 5:Origin of Kamala Khan

(I'm Kamala Khan. Just a normal girl living in New Jersey. Of course, I'm a huge Avengers fan, especially Captain Marvel. I always wanna be like her.)

Kamala was busy typing with her keyboard as she was writing her Avengers fanfiction. At the same time, she records her Avengers animation on her YouTube channel.

(I have two friends from my school who will accept, unlike other people you know.)

Kamala got knocked into a plus-size boy, her books dropped on the ground. However, the boy ignores her. Poor Kamala had to pick her books up by herself. On the other hand, people at Kamala's school will laugh at her if she happens to greet them.

(I guess I'm having a hard time. I even had this girl called, Zoe who would make fun of me often. She did a lot of horrible things to me.)

Zoe purposely throws a Basketball at Kamala's face but refuses to apologise to her. Zoe made a lot of bad remarks about her not being like Captain Marvel.

(At the same time, my grades were dropping so my parents always scolded me.)

"A "B" for Math? Shame of you why can't you be like your brother?" Ammi complained.

"But Ammi..." Kamala tried hard to explain but failed.

"Also stop fantasising about Captain Marvel, Kamala. I just want what is best for you." Ammi explained.

Kamala sighed and went to her room.

(One day, I was invited to Zoe's party so I went there without my parent's permission. Come on, I wanna be more independent. Of course, Nakia and Bruno were with me.)

"Here's the drink." Josh offered to Kamala.

"Umm...is there an alcohol in it? Because I'm not drinking it." Kamala was worried.

"Nah, it's just an orange," Josh reassured.

Kamala took a slip of drink and spit it out. "Yikes! What is this?"

"Oh, I forgot that we added some vodka." Josh laughed.

"Oh my, this is hilarious. Anyways, Kamala, you smell like curry. Look I don't wanna stand here." Zoe teased.

"That's enough, guys!" Bruno defended Kamala.

"Come on, I'm being totally honest. No one will ever like you, Kamala," Zoe joked.

Hearing those words, Kamala stomps out of the party.

"Kamala, wait, where are you going?" Bruno asked.

"I'm just taking a walk," Kamala replied.

"Oh okay. I'm going home then." Bruno waved at her.

(That's the worst day of my life. I thought I was a useless person. But a few minutes later, something changed me. When I was walking in the street, there was a Terrigen mist that hit.)

"Wait, what is that?"Kamala coughs on the Terrigen mist.

" I can't see anything... " Kamala's vision went blurred and fainted on the ground.

A few minutes later, Kamlaa woke up.

"What happened? " Kamala wondered.

Suddenly, her arms and legs were growing and she panicked and screamed. She looked at the reflection of the building. She shapeshifted into Captain Marvel.

"Wait, what is happening? Why am I like her?" Kamala's heart was racing.

Kamala was unable to control her elastic power. She went to Zoe's party. To her surprise, drunk Zoe jumped into the pool. She grabbed Zoe with her big hand to save her.

Zoe coughs, "Captain Marvel? ".

" Oh no! no! no! This is not good!" Kamala was unable to control her new superpower.

(I didn't know I saved Zoe. Of course, I'm grounded after the party. But something didn't stop me.)

Kamala looks in the mirror.

(I realised I could use my new power for good. Just like what my grandmother used to say "Good thing is not the thing you are. It's a thing you do." Maybe, I can be the next Captain Marvel!)

Kamala was designing her new Ms Marvel suit with blue and red fabrics. She sprayed a yellow thunderbolt on the blue fabric. After that, she wore her Ms Marvel suit.

"Wait a minute...I need a superhero name...How about Ms Marvel? Yeah, it sounds cool to me!" Kamala thought to herself.

"I am Ms Marvel!" Ms Marvel stared at the mirror, doing her superhero pose.

(Yes, I give Ms Marvel's name to myself. Every day, I learn to control my superpower. Sometimes, I even asked my friends for help.)

Bruno and Ms Marvel were training on the top of the building. Ms Marvel was testing out her stretch and shape-shifting ability.

"Looking good! You seriously can get used to the new power!" Bruno cheered

"I hope I can meet Captain Marvel one day!" Ms Marvel looked at the sky.

(Of course, people still bully me in school. One day, I tried my best to help one bullied kid from my school.)

Two boys were bullying a girl.

"Leave her alone!" Ms Marvel instructed.

Ms Marvel stands in front of a bullied girl.

"Now, I'm seeing a loser!" One boy remarked.

"She thinks she's a superhero!" Another boy mocked.

Both boys laughed. When Ms Marvel was about to punch the boys, she accidentally broke the car's window. Ms Marvel gasped and looked down. Both boys escaped. The bullied girl thanked Ms Marvel but Ms Marvel ran away in pain.

(I thought I did the wrong thing. Maybe I don't deserve to be a superhero... A few minutes later something changed my life. I saw the real Captain Marvel was fighting with aliens. This is my chance to show her that I am a superhero.)

Ms marvel swings her giant hand to hit the alien. Captain Marvel turned behind.

"Not bad, kid. You could be my backup." Captain Marvel smiled.

"Of course!"Ms Marvel cheeres as she raise her giant fists.

"Okay, kid. Show me what you got." Captain Marvel folded her arms.

(After defeating the alien, Captain Marvel had a conversation with me.)

"Kid, I'm impressed with your skills today! What's your name?" Captain Marvel.

"Call me, Ms. Marvel!" Ms Marvel's eyes sparkled.

"Wow, that's a cool name And nice work, for today!" Captain Marvel fistbumps with Ms Marvel.

"Looks like I got other things to do. See you later, Ms Marvel!" Captain Marvel flew away.

Ms Marvel's eyes sparked as she didn't know she met Captain Marvel for the first time.

(I could not express my feelings when Captain Marvel was here. Next few days, I saved many people from New Jersey. Even though Captain Marvel didn't come back, I thought I could be the one and only New Jersey superhero.)

Ms Marvel stands on top of the building as the wind rushes through her hair.

(Well, things will be tougher when it comes to being both a student and a superhero. One day, I want to show everyone what it feels like to follow my own destiny and reach for the stars. That's what I wanna achieve.)