chapter 18

Y/n's POV:

It's been three weeks since me and Jenna had talked. We only greet when we see each other. But lately we haven't been having a real conversation ever since. I don't know why or what happened. All I know is that we haven't been talking this much until now. Is she mad at me? Maybe she's just busy studying. Either way, I miss her. But everytime I ask her to hang out she just finds an excuse so we wouldn't.

Her sweater is still in my room and her smell hasn't fade yet which I'm glad. I cuddle to it almost everyday now, missing her.

I wish I could just talk to her one more time and ask her what's wrong. What if it was about that kiss? Oh, gosh. Maybe she regretted it. I shouldn't have kissed her. But, she tasted so good. And I wanted more. But, what if she doesn't?

"So, what do you say?" Noelle interrupted my thoughts.

"Uh... Yeah."

"Really?! Your going to the party with me?!" My eyes widened in realization. I didn't mean to say that.

"W-what party?" Noelle sighed with a disappointment look on her face.

"Damian's party?" Oh, shoot.

"Oh, uh... Yeah, I don't think I can g-"

"Too late, you already said yes." She grinned making me sigh. She continued to eat her lunch as mine was still untouched. "Seriously, what's on your mind? It's about Jenna, isn't it?"

"W-what? Of course no-" I stopped myself from talking as soon as I saw Noelle's expression with "I know your lying, stop" face. I sighed as I shifted from my seat. "Okay, fine. It is her."

"What happened?"

"Well, I don't know. For some reason she doesn't wanna hang out with me anymore." Noelle looked at me with a confused expression, probably confused as I was.

"Why?" I shrugged, looking down.

"I don't know. One time we kissed and then the next day she just ignores me. I feel like she regretted the kiss..." Noelle's eyes widened.

"There's no way! You two are meant to be together!" I shrugged again.

"I don't know Elle..." She sighed and puts a hand on my shoulder making me look up at her. She had a smile on her face.

"Hey, don't worry about it, Y/n. She's probably thinking a lot right now. Give her some time. Eventually, she'll come back to you in no time!"

"But, what if she doesn't, Noelle? What if she did regret it?"

"Come on now sis. Don't think negatively. I know Jenna, she isn't like that. If you really want to talk to her then do it. Maybe she's waiting the same thing with you."

"A-are you sure?" She nodded.

"I mean, you never know once you try." I nodded and smiled back at her. I was glad I had a best friend like Noelle. She always knew how to make me happy and feel better. That's how we became friends since we were young.

___

Jenna's POV:

What should I tell her? I haven't spoken to her in three weeks because I've been trying to get over Kendra. I know I said we wouldn't be seeing each other but that doesn't mean that I'm not actually worried about her! She walked off like it never happened. Does she know Y/n? I mean, she probably does since she knows her last name. Have they met? I don't know. But ever since then I feel more nervous around with Y/n. I told Kendra I liked her and I don't know what to do. Great. Now she knows and she is definitely gonna come to her.

I sighed. I can only hope that she wouldn't. She hasn't texted me or called me since which is a good thing? Kind of. But also bad. Because Kendra always calls me whenever but ever since then she didn't even texted me once. I tried calling her over and over again but she wouldn't answer so I just gave up.

But more importantly, Y/n. My friends have been begging for me to hang out with her since I always found an excuse when she asks me. It's not that I don't like her anymore, first, it's because I'm nervous. I haven't gotten enough confident to do it lately. Second, I'm just tired. Dealing with Kendra's shit really tired the heck out of me. I had to clean up Kents house and had to pay for all the things Kendra broke. Now I'm almost broke. Way to go Kendra!

I feel like a total asshole for not hanging out with Y/n. I want to but I don't at the same time. She asked me to hang out with her today a couple of times but I politely declined them. She looked sad and disappointed every time I reject her which makes me feel angry with myself. Why can't I just say yes to her for once? There's just so much on my mind and it makes me want to rest and sleep for the rest of my life.

Damian is throwing a stupid party again and my friends convinced me to go which I had no choice but to do so. Sometimes I wish my friends could give me a break. I jumped onto my bed, not wanting to get up anymore. Just as I was about to fall asleep my phone rings. I groaned and didn't even try to answer it. There's so many things that I did today and I just wanted to sleep but the ringing on my phone wouldn't let me. I grabbed it and answered.

"What is it?" I asked in a harsh tone. I quickly regretted it once I heard the voice.

"Oh, uhm... I- I'm sorry to interrupt what you are doing Jenna... I-I'll just hang up-"

"No! It's fine. I'm sorry, I didn't mean to be rude like that." She chuckled. God I missed that sound. I missed the sound of her voice.

"Well, uhm... I- I was wondering if  you are doing anything right now?" Her voice makes her sound even more cute. I smiled. Come on Jen. You had already rejected her many times. Give her a chance and don't be a pussy!

"Uh, yeah. I am."

"Oh, cool. I was gonna ask you if you wanted to hang out but it's alright if you do-"

"No, it's fine. Can you maybe come to my house?" I didn't care anymore. All I wanted was her. I didn't want to keep her waiting at the same time. So, I finally gave in.

"Really?"

"Yeah. Hurry up before I change my mind." She chuckled making me smile.

"Kay, I'm coming!"

She hung up as I sighed and placed my phone down. Is it bad that I just invited my 'crush' into my house? I don't know. I continued to lay there and think about Y/n.

I haven't realized how much I have missed her until she called. I can't wait.

___