Chapter 16.

Nitya again moved a little further back and Avayan also went ahead by that much. Nitya narrowed her eyes and started looking at Avayan with nervousness.

Whereas Avayan picked up a glass of water from the side table and placed it in front of her and said, "I was went ahead just to pick up the water, what did you think?"

Nitya started looking to the side while averting her gaze. While Avayan said laughingly, "Water."

Nitya grabbed the glass of water from Avayan and then drank a sip and kept the glass aside.

Avayan was looking at her the same way for some time and then he cleaned the turmeric on Nitya's nose with his hand and said, "Rest well okay".

Saying this, Avayan left from there, while Nitya kept watching him going until he went out of the room.

On the other hand, Malti Ji was pacing around angrily in her room when Rajvardhan Ji came there. And Malti Ji said angrily, "All the preparations are done"??

Rajvardhan Ji said, "Yes, done".

Malti Ji angrily came towards him and said, "Do you know what has happened here, divert your attention from your nephew's marriage and pay attention to his activities also, I don't know where he have taken my son, what if he does something with Vikrant?"

Rajvardhan Ji said, "Avayan will not do anything to your son, because if he had to do something, he would not have waited till now and what was the need for Vikrant to do such nonsense with Nitya, don't you know how possessive Avayan is for her."

Then after a little pause, "It is clearly visible in his eyes that how mad he is for Nitya".

Malti Ji sat on the bed without saying anything further.

Nitya was fresh and sitting in her room when Dadi, Ishana and Jaivardhan Ji came there, seeing them she stood up from her place.

Dadi gave her a plate containing Nitya's wedding dress and said, "Nitya, this is your wedding dress and jewelry, you have to wear this today."

And then took a jewelry box from Ishana and placed it in front of Nitya and said, "And this is Kangan. Your mother-in-law's Kangan which I had given to your mother-in-law and today I am giving it to you, keep it carefully".

Nitya nodded and also started thinking that she had met everyone but had not met Avayan's mother nor did anyone mention her before.

Nitya was thinking all this when Jaivardhan Ji placed his hand on her head. Nitya came out of her thoughts and looked towards Jaivardhan Ji.

Jaivardhan Ji said, "Khush raho bacche".

"Be happy child".

And then gave a another plate in his hand to Nitya and said, "And this is the Chunar of our Kuldevi, the new bride starts a new beginning of her life with this Chunar. This is the ritual of our family".

Nitya took Chunar from Jaivardhan Ji's hand and then placed it on her forehead and took blessings.

Meanwhile, Ishana said, "Actually, according to the custom, this Chunar was to be given to you by Badi Maa, but she-"?

Ishana had just said this when both Dadi and Jaivardhan Ji started staring at her and Ishana became silent right there.

Dadi said to avoided the situation, "Nitya you sit, the make up artist is about to come and she will got you ready."