chapter 12

Under the soft glow of moonlight, Rain found himself drawn to the quiet solitude of Phayu's room, his heart heavy with the weight of an unspoken truth. With each step, his resolve grew stronger, fueled by the urgency of the confession he longed to make.

As he entered the room, Phayu looked up from his desk, surprise flickering across his features at the sight of Rain's solemn expression. "Rain, what brings you here at this hour?" he asked, concern coloring his voice.

Rain took a deep breath, steeling himself for the vulnerability of his confession. "Phayu, there's something I need to tell you," he began, his voice trembling with nervousness.

Phayu's brow furrowed in curiosity as he set aside his work, his attention fully focused on Rain. "Of course, Rain. What is it?" he prompted gently, his eyes reflecting a mixture of curiosity and concern.

Gathering his courage, Rain met Phayu's gaze with unwavering determination. "I... I've realized that I have feelings for you," he confessed, his voice barely above a whisper.

A stunned silence followed, broken only by the sound of their ragged breaths as they grappled with the weight of Rain's revelation. Phayu's mind raced with a whirlwind of emotions, his heart pounding with a mixture of disbelief and hope.

"You have feelings for me?" Phayu echoed, his voice barely audible in the stillness of the night.

Rain nodded, his gaze never wavering as he met Phayu's eyes with unwavering honesty. "Yes, Phayu. I've tried to ignore them, but they won't go away. I care about you more than I've ever cared about anyone else," he admitted, his voice filled with vulnerability.

Phayu's breath caught in his throat, his own heart racing with a mixture of disbelief and longing. "Rain, I... I don't know what to say," he confessed, his voice choked with emotion.

But before he could utter another word, Rain reached out to take Phayu's hand, their fingers intertwining in a silent pledge of understanding and acceptance. And as they stood together in the quiet of the night, the weight of Rain's confession lifted from his shoulders, leaving behind a sense of peace and possibility that he had never known.