chapter 13

Phayu's heart pounded in his chest as he processed Rain's confession, a whirlwind of emotions swirling within him. In the soft glow of moonlight, he met Rain's gaze, his own eyes reflecting a mixture of uncertainty and longing.

"Rain, I... I never expected..." Phayu began, his voice trailing off as he struggled to find the right words.

Rain squeezed his hand gently, offering a silent reassurance that spoke volumes. "You don't have to say anything, Phayu. I understand if you don't feel the same way," he murmured, his voice tinged with a hint of sadness.

But Phayu shook his head, a determined glint in his eyes as he met Rain's gaze with unwavering resolve. "No, Rain. That's not it at all," he interrupted, his voice firm and sure.

Rain's eyes widened in surprise, hope flickering to life within him as he waited anxiously for Phayu's next words.

"I've... I've been feeling the same way, Rain," Phayu confessed, his voice barely above a whisper. "I just didn't know how to say it."

Relief flooded through Rain's veins, his heart soaring with a joy he had never known. "Phayu..." he breathed, his voice choked with emotion.

Phayu's lips curved into a tender smile as he reached out to cup Rain's cheek, his touch igniting a spark of warmth within them both. "I care about you, Rain. More than I've ever cared about anyone else," he admitted, his voice filled with sincerity.

In that moment, the walls between them crumbled away, leaving behind a raw and unfiltered connection that pulsed with the intensity of their shared emotions. And as they stood together in the quiet of the night, their hearts entwined in a bond that transcended words, they knew that love's light would guide them through whatever trials lay ahead.