Chapter 1

"Ahhh.."

You arrived at your new destination for studying, Yosen High. You wore your brand new uniform, carrying a school bag on your shoulder. You had an attractive face that brings all the boys to you without breaking a sweat.

"So this is Yosen, the school that my cousin was bragging about all the time." You whispered to yourself as your lips curved into a small grin.

Right now, all you were seeing was a crowd full of students. Upperclassmen and seniors were struggling to gain new members for their clubs. Since you've idolized basketball, you ran through the crowd to find and join the basketball club as soon as possible. You didn't want some other girl to take your place as the manager of the club.

"Basketball! Basketball club! Who wants to join? It'll be lots of fun I assure ya'll!"

You heard a manly voice calling for new members, you swiftly found the source of it, it was a blonde upperclassman. You stared at him, you weren't that short honestly. You were really tall for your age. You didn't need to lift your neck that much to see him, unlike any other girl.

"Hi, I heard you calling for new members. Can I join the basketball club?" You poked him gently as you questioned him.

"Of course you can!" He cheered up, "But which role are you taking?" his expression changed into a questioning one.

"I've idolized basketball and I really love it. And actually, I want to join as the manager of the basketball team. That is if you don't have one. But I guess, this is a basketball club so maybe you already have one..." You said as your eyes shifted to look at the other side, wearing a disappointed expression purposely.

"Haha no!" He giggled, "We don't have a manager yet! I guess our coach and captain won't disagree if they saw you." he reassured you as he led you to the coach and captain's location.

"Hey there, I've got a new female member." He declared proudly, as the captain's eyes lit up hopefully.

"Oh, finally! My seductive face finally attracted girls!" He shouted cheerfully. He was getting on the coach's nerves and got hit on the head. The coach gave him a look that hinted him to stay quiet and not turn into a gorilla.

"Please introduce yourself mentioning the purpose and the role that inspires you in joining the basketball club." Stated the coach carefully, pointing at the wooden chair for you to sit on.

You sat slowly as they looked at you, hoping for a valid answer. "My name is (L/N) (Y/N). Ever since I was a child, I've always dreamt of joining a basketball team in any role I could. I've idolized basketball and I love it sincerely. During my middle school years, I went to (Any Japanese middle school name) and joined the basketball team as the manager; since I realised that it suited me and its supportive. And now, I'm hoping to join Yosen's basketball club as the manager in order to support in rising our school name."

These words weren't enough to describe your passion in joining, so you stood up and stared at the coach and captain eagerly. And aprubtly, you bowed. "Please!"

"No need to get all worked up. You didn't need to throw a speech, but.." You saw the coach scratching her neck as she chuckled happily. "I guess you really, deserve joining since you're all into it. But don't forget that you will work hard with everyone else." Answered the coach as she gave you the registerment paper. "Fill it and you're free to go."

You filled the paper carefully and then stood up, "Thank you so much for accepting me into the club!" you bowed sincerely and entered the school.

Since it was your first time, you asked other students about the location of your assigned class. You got what you wanted in no time and entered into your destined class.

"Aww.." You pouted as you saw the front desks full of students. You had no choice but to sit at the back. You saw a row full of two-paired tables, all of them were full except the last one; which seemed to have an innocent looking girl sit in.

You shrugged and approached her, placing your bag on the floor and sitting on the chair. "Hi, I'm (Y/N) and I think we're going to sit here for the whole year. Um yeah, so.. I hope we can get along." You chuckled cheerfully as she smiled and nodded in reply.

You noticed that the pair of the students who sat in front of you were ridiculously tall. Especially the purple haired one. 'Good, now I'll have a hard time even in looking at the board!' You groaned internally as you cursed your negative luck.

After a while, "Trrrrrrrrrnn!!!" you heard the bell ring, which means that it's none other than lunch break! Since it's the first day in school, you didn't make new friends yet. But, you still had your classmate.. 'Wait a second, what is her name?!' You suddenly thought as you stared at her.

"Hey, what's your name?" You said in a questioning tone.

"Ah! I'm sorry, I'm so absentminded that I forgot to mention my name! Ahahah please forgive me, my name is Yuri." She scratched the back of her head as she answered cheerfully.

"Oh! That's a really cute name, Yuri-chan." You complimented her and resumed walking to the canteen. You gals got your lunch as you looked for a good spot. Soon, you luckily found an empty table as you rushed there. But suddenly, "BOOM!" you bumped into a student and all of your food fell on the floor.

"Argh! Can't you see where you're walki--" You looked at the person, and it was a charming student with a hint of beauty under his right eye, he had his other eye covered with his black fringe. He lent you his hand, "I'm so sorry, it was careless of me to not notice you, let me help you in getting you a new lunch." you nodded and took his hand to get up.

While you sat on the table waiting, Yuri began eating. "I was about to tell you to slow down but you didn't even give me the chance to warn you." You were about to speak but the handsome student came back with your lunch.

"I am sorry if I was late, here you go." He smiled as he set your lunch on the table. "Can my friend and I sit with you? After all, he is in the same class as you.." He questioned. You smiled and nodded. "Well, I'm (L/N) (Y/N) and this is Sonohara Yuri. Nice to 'meet' you. And I'm sorry for what had happened earlier! What's your name?"

"Oh it's all okay. My name is Himuro Tatsuya, nice to meet you too."

"Anyways, who's your friend?" Asked Yuri.

"He'll be here soon." He answered as an overwhelmingly tall student approached and joined you. "Oh Atsushi, say hello. These are the girls who sit behind us in class."

"Hmph, hello." He greeted you both detachedly and resumed eating his large-sized chips.

And lunch break went by awkwardly, which you really didn't expect it to turn that way.

After school, you were so thrilled since it's your first day at the basketball club. You jogged calmly to the gym as you arrived quickly. You knocked the door and entered.

"Oh, you're finally here, (Y/N)." Said the coach as she turned to face you. She swung her arm onto your shoulder and walked with you in the gym. "This is our new manager, (L/N) (Y/N). Make her feel welcomed here." She removed her arm and asked you to stand along with the new members.

"Okay, first years! Introduce yourselves before we begin anything." Demanded the coach as the upperclassmen stood steadily.

"(L/N) (Y/N)." You blurted out loudly.

"Murasakibara Atsushi." You noticed that he was the unbelievably tall student who sits in front of you in class. 'Interesting, even though my expectation of him being in the basketball club was right' You thought.

And so on forth, every new member announced their names.

"Okay, you new years are interesting. I am Masako, your basketball coach for this year. Don't think that I'll be going easy on you, you first years better be stubborn because you'll train to stress." Declared the coach sternly, as she examined the first years and tested them.

When she tested Murasakibara, you noticed that his abilities were just.. Unbelievable! You stared at his play, he almost crushed everyone, he looked scary and freaked the players out. His hair swung in the air as his sweat droplets hovered in the air. He just looked attractive. Your heart danced wildly as your cheeks turned rosy, for the first time, you were in love.