Chapter 2

"What is wrong with me?!"

You washed your face several times and gazed at yourself in the mirror of the bathroom. It was the second day after you fell for Atsushi Murasakibara. You put on your uniform as you got lost in your thoughts.

"Breakfast is ready!"

The voice of your mother was what brought you back to reality. You approached the dinning room and began eating your breakfast.

"(Y/N), hopefully you aren't late. That's really abnormal."

Giggles escaped your mother's lips as you sighed in disappointment.

"But hey, good job on getting up early! As a reward I'll increase your allowance for this month. I might not if you changed the pace~"

You sighed again, and your lips curved up into a small smile.

You grabbed your backpack and walked to school. It was really hot outdoors and you couldn't help but take off your school sweater and keep it hidden in the bag.

"Ugh if I had known that today's weather would fry me up, I would've kept my hair up."

Well, it was too late for you. You were already facing the school's gate.

But abruptly, for some peculiar reason, you were looking forward to school. You skipped through myriads of students and arrived at your class. You waved at your new companion, Yuri, and sat to have a little chat with her before the homeroom teacher arrives.

"Good morning."

You lifted your face to encounter another handsome male. You could feel several stares coming at you from some other girls. You guessed that it would be the fangirls and just brushed it off your shoulders.

"Good morning, Stranger..-kun?"

"Haha no, it's Hikari Aizawa. I'm going to sit in front of you girls. If you want to change places, it's fine with me."

You face-palmed yourself and apologized immediately.

"Haha no no, it's okay. Go ahead and have a seat!"

You blurted out awkwardly and turned to Yuri, who wore this wide grin on her face. You felt a bit uneasy and swiftly realised what she was thinking about.

"Oh no you don't, Yuri. Don't eve--"

"Miss (L/N). Please keep quiet. Class has already started, for your information."

You gasped and apologized humbly.

'Wait. This doesn't feel right. Something is missing, or rather someone is mi--'

Abruptly the classroom door was opened widely, as an enormous figure suddenly appeared.

'Oh..'

You could feel your cheeks tickling and heating up. Your heart pumped with a swift pace like crazy. And your head felt dizzy.

"Murasakibara, this is just the second day and yet you show up this late. I'll forgive you for now, but for next time you will be responsible of your actions. And that goes for the rest of the students."

"Okay~" He responded lazily and sat on his chair. For a second, he took a glimpse of your face and turned to sit in an original pose.

'Did he just...'

You slowly tilted your head.

'Did he just.. Look at my face?'

You gaped aimlessly at your book.