Chapter 3

It was Saturday, and you were glad that the next day will be peaceful, since you won't go to school on Sunday, obviously. High school was a drag to you, since it was your first year. You were hoping that the day will pass quickly on your way to your class.

You sat at your place, only to Hikari waving at you with a genuine smile spread on his face. He seemed really happy and cheerful. You waved back with a small smile and drifted back to your limitless thoughts.

Gradually the class was flooded with students coming and going out. Your home-room teacher approached with his typical files and books, preparing himself for the lesson.

He started the class with a formal greeting and cleared his throat. You predicted that he wants to inform the class about something new.

"As you all know, we should begin everything as soon as possible since time passes swiftly. And so we don't waste our time; I will be direct. Students must submit their projects for every subject as soon as possible. As your home-room teacher, I decided that you will work in pairs to progress faster."

You saw him revealing a list of students' names. The teacher began declaring whom will be with who strictly. You hoped that he would choose you with Murasakibara, or at least, you hoped that he won't pair him with another girl.

"(L/N)-san and Aizawa-san, both of you are going to work together this term for the projects."

You mentally gasped and felt down. Hikari turned to look at you, he smiled. Honestly, you were curious about where does this boy gets all this happiness. You looked at the teacher.

"Murasakibara-san and Sonohara-san will be working together this term."

Now you were honestly shocked, you never expected Murasakibara to be paired up with Yuri. But, you felt you could trust Yuri, since she's your friend. You thought that you should eventually tell her that Murasakibara is your crush.

And so on, school ended for today. You went to the shoe lockers and saw Hikari. He waved at you and approached you cheerfully.

"Hello (L/N)-san. I hope that you have some spare time tomorrow."

"Umm, why? Is it for the projects?"

"Yes. I don't want to rush you into things, but please inform me when you can."

You nodded as he gave you a small note paper. You unfolded it to find his mobile phone number. You then lifted your head and smiled at him, proceeding to what you were doing. After getting done, you went to the gym as usual, greeting everyone.

Everyone was training while you looked after them. You didn't really want to burden anyone with your problems, so you acted like nothing happened. But, you really wanted to talk to Murasakibara and you had no idea how to start a conversation with him.

Nevertheless, you supported everyone, bought them fresh and healthy drinks, and cleaned up all the mess. Suddenly, Himuro approached you.

"Hey (L/N)-san. I really appreciate all the hard work you're putting your efforts into. And I think that we are lucky to be blessed with such a pure person to be in our team. I hope you like the place, and by the way, you can always come to me if you feel like that there is something wrong."

You immediately bowed and thanked him, flustered. He just smirked and turned to the showers. You left before everyone because you felt that you didn't want to talk to anyone about anything.

When you arrived home, you quickly ran to your bedroom and changed into ( whatever you wear in your house ). Your mom called you for lunch, as usual. After stuffing yourself, you decided to check out your phone which was in your school bag.

The bag was stuffed with heavy books, so you just held is upside-down and kept shaking it. Unfortunately, everything fell except your phone.

"Where is it?!" You gasped.

You looked for it in your bedroom, and even crawled under the bed to see in case it was there. But no. It wasn't. You began searching for it in the whole house but nothing was found. Not even a small hint to where it could be. You honestly panicked. Everything about you was saved there.

Without thinking, you wore a pair of flip-flops and rushed outside the house. You planned to go back to your school to look for it, maybe you forgot it there. While dashing on the side-walk, you felt that it's burning up outside and wished to reach as soon as possible.

You never were strong enough to stand such overwhelming heat. But you thought that ignoring this fact will just help you pass time while running to school.

'I can't stand this!'

You ran faster but you tripped upon yourself and fell on your head. The floor was so rough; you saw everything dazzling around, vehicles and cars flying, people floating, and even shops were placed upside-down. You couldn't get up, and you felt your skin burning. Everything eventually faded as you heard someone calling your name; you wished you could answer, but your vision went black.

"(Nickname)-chan! (Nickname)-chan! My precious daughter! Let me get in! Open the door fast!"

You retrieved your consciousness by your mother's piercing screams. You opened your eyes and blinked thrice to see your mother's face hovering upon yours. She let out a deep sigh in relief and hugged you tightly.

"I'm glad you're safe, sweetie!" She cried.

"M-Mom it's not a big deal I'm okay.. Really." You pouted, and to your surprise, it looked like your mother was not the only one who was in the room with you.

Himuro, Murasakibara, and Hikari, were sitting. Your face heated up as you blushed in embarrassment. Eventually, your mother released you and sat.

"(L/N)-san, were you looking for your mobile phone?" Questioned Hikari.

You nodded.

'But how does he know?'

"Actually, after I exited my club, I went to the basketball gym to look for you. Apparently, everyone was in the showers and there wasn't any sign of you. But I saw your mobile phone on a chair so I took it so I could give it to you later." Spoke Hikari as he turned his face to Himuro.

"We got out of the showers and saw him, and he told us everything. And because Atsushi knows where you live, we thought we could come to your home to give it to you." Informed you Himuro.

"But then we saw (Nickname)-chin collapsed on the side-walk, so Muro-chin called the ambulance and I rushed to your house to tell your mommy.." Said Atsushi, stuffing his mouth with chips.

"Th-Thank you guys.." You mumbled shyly.

Your mother stood up and gave you a peck on your forehead, telling you that she has errands to run for. She left and waved at everyone.

"You better be careful next time, (L/N)-san." Smiled Himuro at you.

"Yeah, we don't want (Nickname)-chin to get hurt ever again.." Spoke Murasakibara as he offered you some snacks.

Apparently, Himuro and Hikari had to leave, so they waved and went out, leaving you with Murasakibara alone.

'I'm really suspicious about Himuro-kun. Is he leaving me alone with Murasakibara-kun again on purpose?!'

"(Nickname)-chin.."

"U-Um, yes?" You tensed up.

"I really want to tell you something..."