Chapter 21

"Tatsuya-kun.." Cheeks turning crimson, Ayako stole a few glances of Himuro's handsome face before continuing her sentence. "What brought you here so early in the morning?"

"I'd like to ask you ladies that question." Himuro couldn't help but notice the hateful glares rooting from Yuri's hazel eyes. "Ah, Sonohara-san. Is everything alright on your end?"

Forcing on a smile on her face, Yuri clapped her hands together lightly to regain her composure. "Everything is alright. Thank you for asking, Tatsuya-kun."

"Alright. I'm glad to see that everything is going well for you, Sonohara-san." Flashing a charming smile, the black-haired proceeded. "Now, can I have you inform me the reason of the presence of such of lovely ladies — who have no affiliation with the basketball club — here?"

"What does that have to do with you?" Scoffing, Yuri responded.

"H-Hey! Yuri-chan, Tatsuya-kun is harmless!" Ayako reacted to Yuri's response abruptly, causing her ash-brown hair locks to fly alongside the air.

"So, based on what your lovely friend Settsu-san said, I take it that a harmful person marks their presence within us?"

"Hmph. Ayako-chan didn't mean that at all. Stop bothering us."

"Yuri-chan! Stop being rude to Tatsuya-kun. Murasakibara-kun wouldn't appreciate tha—" Covering her mouth quickly, Ayako realized that she almost slipped. "I.. Uh, I'm.."

"You bitch!" Yelling, the olive-head reached out to Ayako's long hair strands, pulling them aggressively. "What did I tell you about messing up, huh?!"

Signaling the rest of her friends to take action, Yuri fled from the scene as her friends continued to physically harm the grey-eyed female.

"Hey!" Rushing to aid the victim, Himuro pushed the females off Ayako aggressively. "What are you doing?! This is absurd!"

"What does this have to do with you?! Leave us alone!" One of Yuri's accomplices objected.

"Is this how you treat a friend?" Himuro questioned them sarcastically before patting Ayako's head gently, attempting to arrange her messed-up hair. "I will report this to the school principle. Any form of  bullying is not appropriate."

Himuro's face grew hostile the more he spoke.

"Now, you better get out of my sight before things escalate. It wouldn't look good, not in the slightest."

*****

Huffing and puffing, you finally decided to quit running, since you lost your sense of direction completely. Your eyes watered, and you began sobbing quietly.

I mean, how could he do this to you? Wasn't he your boyfriend? Didn't he love you with the entirety of his heart?

Wasn't Yuri just an unpleasant friend to him?

She shouldn't get in the way. He made sure that you could rest assured about that. He made it clear that you're the only one in his eyes.

So what has changed?

What could have changed things like that? Maybe you were overreacting, but he was wrong about not trusting you completely over an outsider's opinion!

Your thoughts kept piling up and filling your brain. You couldn't take it anymore, and it was anxiety-inducing. You didn't know how to cope with the current situation.

"(Name)? What are you doing here?"

Almost immediately recognizing the source of this voice, you rubbed the tears off your face and turned your head to look at them.

"U-Uhh, hey there. What brought you here, Hana-chan? We're in the mountains and I don't remember you being apart of the basketball club.."

A small smile found its way to Hana's lips upon hearing your question. She cleared her throat up before speaking.

"Remember when that stupid bitch Yuri arrived with those popular girls at the rooftop during lunch break? We were talking about my cousin, Hikari-kun." Flipping her onyx-colored hair locks, the violet-eyed female continued.

"After shooing them off, I warned you about her. You didn't agree with me, which I already expected to happen."

Walking up to the gigantic rock you were sitting on, Hana positioned herself to sit beside you.

"Now, you might think: 'Then, why does she even bother?!' I'm just looking out for you, since you're such a naive girl. Of course, you would need someone like me to support you."

Rolling your eyes at her talk, you sighed. "Alright alright, I get it. But, what does that have to do with you coming here?"

Poking your forehead, your new friend answered. "I overheard the bitch talking to her friends about getting information of the basketball club, and that you guys were heading here to camp."

Twirling her long hair strands, she went on. "She planned to follow your club and take action with you and your brain-dead boyfriend. Her friends wanted to help the stupid bitch Yuri hook up with him, even if it means harming you."

Your eyes widened at Hana's words.

Is she really going to go that far just to be with Atsushi? It's so pointless, he's your boyfriend. Not hers. Why can't she just move on like a normal person?

"But.. That's so inhuman! There's a lot of fish in the sea! Why is she just after my boyfriend?!" You blurted these sentences out loud.

"Well, it doesn't make a difference to that stupid bit—"

"Ooh, continue. I'd love to hear about how much of a stupid bitch I am."

Suddenly, Yuri showed up out of nowhere, looking down at both you and Hana.

"Oh? So the rat finally decided to show itself up?" Standing up, Hana smirked.

"(Nickname)-chin!"

A gigantic male figure came into sight.

"M-Murasakibara-kun!"

"Oh, look who's here. The candy maniac."

"What's going on? Why are you two with (Nickname)-chin?"

"Well, if it weren't for your fucking dumba—"

"Ah! (Name)-chan was letting all her feelings out, and we were just comforting her!" Completely cutting Hana's words off, Yuri clung to Murasakibara's toned arm.

"(Nickname)-chin. Can you come with me? I want to clear the misunderstanding up.. I didn't mean to make you cry.."

You weren't up for this. For starters, Yuri was literally clinging to his arm as he spoke, and he didn't even seem bothered by it in the slightest.

How does he have the nerve to talk?

You turned your face to the opposite direction, causing your boyfriend's facial expressions to grow sorrowful.

"Does that mean you're rejecting me, (Nickname)-chin..?"