15

I was taken aback to the point of mistakenly thinking I had misheard. “What?”

“In the book <The Secret Life of a Duchess>, a knight approaches, and they kiss…”

“Stop! Enough!”

I exclaimed in terror, waving my hands for him to cease. I wanted to cover up those lips that moved so freely.

However, doing so would be impolite, so I couldn’t do it twice. But a kiss? Those lips were speaking without a filter, and I desperately wanted to shut them off.

“A kiss? On the bed headboard…”

I mumbled absentmindedly. In response, Sion bent his waist and drew closer to me. From about an arm’s length away, he raised a curious eyebrow and asked, “Mistress?”

“Um… well…”

I covered my eyes. I couldn’t figure out how to circumvent this obstacle. Why would he ask such a thing?

But I had to answer. Those crimson eyes were staring at me intensely.

“Well, it’s just that the tongue… moves in different ways.”

I gestured vaguely with my hand as I explained. This should suffice for a basic understanding, right?

As I heaved a sigh of relief, Sion tilted his head quizzically and opened his mouth.

“Why does the tongue move?”

Mayday! Mayday!

I sensed a red alert flashing in my mind. My cheeks flushed, and my heart’s pounding from earlier had become deafening.

Sion lowered his head, his long lashes casting shadows over his eyes. The atmosphere turned even more seductive.

Whether he knew it or not, Sion’s smile grew even more bewitching. I was utterly astounded and stumbled over my words.

“I-I don’t know. Probably because people enjoy it!”

Inwardly, I wanted to scream and lurch to my feet to get away, but Sion had propped himself up on the bed’s headboard, making any movement awkward.

Then, Sion’s fingertips traced his own lips as he whispered alluringly, “If the Mistress enjoys such an act.”

His crimson irises vehemently bore into me.

The captivating whisper seeped into my ears, and I found myself unable to regain my composure as his enchanting face drew nearer.

It didn’t end there. Sion gazed at me with eyes filled with fervor. My startled face reflected within his red pupils.

“I will do as you wish.”

I stared blankly at Sion, my breath caught in my throat.

“Since making the Mistress happy is my duty—”

“….”

It took me a long time to comprehend the situation, but upon seeing Sion’s demanding gaze, a sense of reality finally dawned.

“W-What’s this! It’s… well, not like that!”

I pushed Sion away slightly and clutched my throbbing head.

“Just… give me some space for now.”

He complied, stepping back. Finally, I could take a breath.

“Ha…”

Since earlier, I hadn’t been able to breathe properly or keep still. However, my improved eyesight had been intriguing! Seeing Sion up close, his face was like the sun itself, radiating light without the need for a lamp.

‘Should I just pin Sion to the ceiling for efficient lighting?’

As I pondered this seriously while babbling on, the moment arrived.

“I failed to understand your preferences, Mistress.”

At that moment, Sion knelt down, placing his forehead on the floor. I was startled, unable to find the right words to say.

Why is this happening all of a sudden? My mind turned blank. I can’t fathom why Sion is blaming himself.

“What?”

Sion’s eyes dimmed.

“So, I shall accept the consequences of defying your will, Mistress.”

Sion looked up at me, as if hoping to be punished. His lips trembled visibly.

‘Ah.’

I bit down on my lip. Sion had lived as a slave, becoming accustomed to this sort of situation even when he was wronged.

‘Even when I first met him, the scars were still fresh.’

Sion likely felt it was natural for him to receive punishment. His previous Master, with a likely sadistic streak, had probably conditioned him to expect this. However, the Sion who had escaped illegal slavery was different now. No, he has to be different.

“Sion, get up.”

With a gentle voice, I lifted Sion to his feet.

“Never do this again. You did nothing wrong, yet you’re kneeling and begging for forgiveness.”

“Still, I made a mistake, so I must…”

“No, that’s not it, Sion.”

I looked at Sion, whose expression was one of confusion.

“You chose to recognize me as your Mistress. You wanted to repay me for sparing your life.”

I still recall when Sion said he would serve me as his Mistress.

“It’s different from being forced to serve. I can’t force you to do anything. I can’t treat you recklessly. You chose to come to me willingly.”