31

The visit to Rosette’s house had been a day ago. Louis and Helena were talking about something inside a shabby house.

“It was really Kiris……”

Louis sighed deeply and rubbed his forehead. His long-lost superior had become a slave, and he had barely managed to escape and stay by Rosette’s side.

“I couldn’t feel that powerful magic…… No matter how I look at it, it seems like his magic has been sealed due to side effects.”

Not only had he lost his memory, but he could barely feel any powerful magic from him. It was definitely related to the black magic that had attacked the Magic Tower.

Sion had disappeared along with the black magic, after all.

“Why is Kiris like that? Did he get brainwashed?”

Helena responded dryly while reading the novel she had received from Rosette, “I don’t think he was brainwashed.”

“….That’s right. Kiris would never get brainwashed. And Rosette probably wouldn’t do it either.”

They had lied to Rosette about running a magic shop, but they didn’t expect him to firmly refuse when they suggested they go together.

‘Is it a sign of the world’s destruction?’

It was a rational suspicion. To think that their cruel and merciless superior would quietly do all the work and want to stay by her side.

Louis felt lost on how to handle this situation, and a desire to just get rid of the tower gradually arose.

At that moment, Helena quietly intervened, “Then we have to make him follow us.”

Louis said in an excited tone while looking at Helena,

“Yeah! We’re going to forcefully bring him out. His magic is sealed, and he’ll be dragged along without resistance! Should we kidnap Kiris?”

“…If you do that, I can’t guarantee your life once his memories come back. Well, I guess you have two lives, so it’s fine.”

“….”

Louis imagined how his superior would react once his memories returned.

‘He’ll kill me, right?’

Just thinking about those blood-red eyes looking at him gave him chills. Louis valued his own life too much to go with that plan. However, no matter how much he thought about it, he couldn’t come up with a suitable plan.

“A way to make him follow us on his own…”

“I saw the way Kiris looked at Rosette, and it seemed a bit strange,” Helena said seriously, closing her novel.

“We just need to create a reason for him to be separated from Rosette.”

“Is that so?”

“Yes. I have a good idea. A way to make sure he can only come to us.”

Eventually, they found a compromise and smiled brightly.

* * *

A recurring dream has been disturbing my sleep as of late. Something I’ve long forgotten visits me in my dreams—the Cernia family. I haven’t paid much attention to it because of all the things going on lately.

“Sion, this should be enough.”

“It’s heavy; I’ll carry it.”

Sion grinned as he held the recently purchased ingredients. I smiled back at him and pushed away any negative thoughts.

‘That’s impossible.’

I dismissed it as just a dream and moved on. Recently, my thoughts have become more complicated because of Sion.

“Sion, you still don’t want to follow them? They’re trustworthy people.”

“I’ll think about it. It’s just so sudden…”

“Yeah. You can definitely do it. It’s a shop. It’s so amazing, right?”

“It’s all thanks to you, Mistress.”

Sion gave me an innocent smile and walked beside me. I wanted Sion to continue with the shop. If the mages remembered him, it meant he was knowledgeable in magic materials.

“Louis sent a letter again today. He said he’ll help you with your work.”

“Really?”

“Yes, the employees were happy to hear the news.”

After Louis and Helena visited my house, they often updated us on the shop. Whether it was the shop showing signs of recovery or scattered employees rejoicing at the news of Sion’s survival.

‘Thank goodness.’

However, contrary to my expectations, Sion only gave a flat response.

“Hmm… Really?” I bit my lip, feeling uneasy. How could I persuade Sion?

We walked in silence until we arrived at a familiar street that eventually turned into a small path.

“…?”

My body froze at the sight of a man standing in front of my house, looking around.

‘Is that my brother?’

I could never forget that face. He was my brother, Lionel Cernia.