22

Upon hearing my words, Sion kept a watchful eye on our surroundings as we headed towards the main temple. The main temple was bustling with people who had arrived early. To participate in the festival, one had to pray at the main temple first, which was peculiar.

After the prayer was finished, the priests would give out pendants that would allow people to enjoy the festival.

“It’s fascinating.”

The Nation’s Founding Festival was indeed a unique event. In the era before the empire was founded, when demons ruled and humanity was on the verge of extinction, the god Moreus, who was like no other, aided the first emperor, who was a slave. With that, the demons disappeared from the world, and the Setronia Empire was established.

‘The first emperor used to wear the pendant bestowed by Moreus himself.’

Since the tradition had been carried on since the early days of the empire, successive emperors tried to preserve it. In the Nation’s Founding Festival, they hoped that all imperial subjects would participate in this tradition together.

Upon entering the main temple, priests dressed in pure white robes greeted us with radiant smiles.

“Welcome, sister and brother.”

“Hello.”

In response to my greeting, an elderly-looking priest smiled kindly and blessed us.

“May there be eternal happiness in your future.”

A faint divine power flowed from the priest’s hand, enveloping me and Sion. I felt a warm sensation, and a smile naturally formed on my face.

“Ah.”

However, Sion suddenly grabbed his head and let out a short groan.

“Sion, are you okay?”

I hurriedly supported Sion, but he extended his hand and spoke in a muffled voice.

“I’m fine. It’s just a momentary headache.”

I was at a loss and confused by Sion’s sudden reaction, but the priest chuckled and spoke.

“Ah, among those who receive their first blessings, there are occasionally people who experience headaches.”

The priest kindly added, explaining that it was due to the large number of people attending the festival that they couldn’t personally guide everyone.

“Are you really okay?”

“Yes, I’m fine; please don’t worry.”

Sion smiled broadly as he spoke, finally putting my mind at ease. I had worried that he might suddenly collapse, as if he had been hurt again.

“Phew, that’s a relief. I know the way to the prayer room, so just follow me!”

I grabbed Sion’s arm and confidently exclaimed.

Although I had never been to the prayer room in the main temple before, the structure of the temple was similar enough to others that I felt confident in finding my way.

“Understood, Mistress.”

Sion nodded and obediently followed behind me. I walked confidently in the direction Sion indicated.

“Is this it?”

The main temple was vast, as it had been in existence since the founding of the empire. And there were so many identical-looking corridors.

“It seems like we should go that way.”

Sion smiled and naturally led the way, while I hesitated and followed behind him.

“Isn’t it here?”

Sion guided me in front of a small prayer room.

“Uh… yeah.”

I felt a bit uneasy and cleared my throat unnecessarily as I opened the door to the prayer room.

“It’s a private prayer room, so I’ll see you later.”

“Yes, Mistress.”

With that, we entered our respective rooms. True to the grandeur of the main temple, even the private prayer rooms had small stone statues depicting gods placed inside.

I knelt down and looked at the intricately carved statue, contemplating why I had been transmigrated into this world and whether there was a way for Sion to regain his memories.

With a prayer posture, I closed my eyes.

But there was no response, even after some time had passed. No, wasn’t this too much?

The lack of response was still the same in the main temple. Just as I was about to get up because my leg was cramping, a cute whimper and a soft sensation came from my leg. Startled, I opened my eyes.

“… Fluffball?”

Indeed, there was a small, fluffy white ball of fur rubbing against my leg.

“Mew!”

As if it knew I was looking at it, the fluffball raised its head. It had a petite body, a slender face, and even fluffy tail fur. Its eyes were full of innocence.

My heart skipped a beat.

“Mew!”

The fluffball seemed to know I was watching and tilted its head. Its small body and fluffy appearance were just too adorable.

“Meow!”

An arctic fox? Oh my.