29

“Sion? I didn’t tell you to come here.”

When I called out to Sion, who was standing confused on the stairs, he smiled brightly.

“Yes, I know. But… is there anything I can help you with?”

“Oh… I don’t really need help with anything. Then…”

I looked around, thinking that I should introduce Sion. But why was the atmosphere like this?
Suddenly, the atmosphere became tense, and I looked around in confusion.

“Ugh…”

Louis was now putting his hand in his mouth and shaking his head.

“Please tell me it’s not true. Please! This can’t be real!”

“What should we do…”

Even Helena, who was usually blunt, seemed lost in thought. I was puzzled by the way they were treating Sion as if they already knew him.

‘Is he someone that they knew before he lost my memory?’

However, they were both mages from the Magic Tower who didn’t reveal much of themselves. I didn’t understand the situation, but I focused on introducing Sion.

“Oh, Louis. He’s the person I mentioned earlier. His name is Sion… We met recently and, well…”

I was suddenly put in an awkward situation, but I tried to explain as briefly as possible.

“He got injured, and I happened to find him and treated him. He’s staying at my house until he recovers.”

“I see…”

Helena, who had regained her composure, nodded her head. Then, Louis, who had been denying reality with his hands in his head, stood up from his seat.

“Do you remember me? Sir Ki… Sir Sion?”

“Who are you?”

Sion took a step back, making a strange expression.

Louis awkwardly came closer and asked again, “I’m Louis! Don’t you remember?”

“Louis.”

Just as Louis was about to explode, Helena calmly called out to him. Louis scratched the back of his head and smiled at me.

“Rosette. My prediction was correct! Did you name him Sion? Then I’ll call him Sion. I know him very well.”

“Really?” I responded with a frown. He knows Sion?

“Is Sion someone you knew in the past?”

“Yes! I’ve been wanting to get in touch with him, and now we meet like this, it’s amazing!”

As Louis was getting excited, Helena pushed him aside and said, “Do you remember me? I’m Helena.”

Sion looked back and forth between them before slowly shaking his head.

“I have no idea who you are.”

Boom-

The silence spread like a lightning bolt.

“…I can’t believe this.”

“Sir Sion? Are you kidding?”

Louis looked at Sion with a pitiful expression, blinking his eyes.

“It could be possible that we knew each other before I lost my memory, but I have no recollection at all.”

Louis fell into contemplation after hearing Sion’s shocking response. I was worried that Louis might explode emotionally, so I spoke in a bright voice, “Can you calm down a bit… Would you like to sit down?”

Fortunately, Louis nodded in response. Meanwhile, Helena was already sipping her tea.

* * *

That was how Sion ended up attending the tea time. Helena had been repeatedly opening and closing the novel she received from me, and Louis was sitting with a lost expression.

“Sir Sion, tell me this is a joke.”

Sion pressed his lips together and glanced at me. It seemed like he was expecting me to kick Louis out. Rubbing my forehead as it throbbed, I hesitantly spoke to Louis and Helena.

“Can I ask a question?”

“You can ask anytime! No, please do!”

I hurriedly spoke in response to their uneasy gazes, “Um… You said you know Sion. What kind of relationship did you have?”

“We had a close relationship… One-sided love from one side and pushing away from the other! Isn’t that called playing hard to get?”

I was speechless. When I was about to open my mouth, I heard a dull sound and Louis’s face who was sitting in front of me disappeared.

“Ah…” I felt like he was hit in the back of his head. Helena calmly spoke as she looked at Louis as if he was a bug.

“You can ignore what Louis says. He helped us when we needed magic ingredients.”

“Magic ingredients?”

“Yes. At that time, Sion was selling magic ingredients professionally. We were worried when the deal suddenly stopped, but to meet him like this… Losing his memory…”

I looked at Sion with sympathy. Still, it was a good opportunity for me to meet people from his past.

“But it’s fortunate that you know Sion.”

“We’re also very surprised. If it wasn’t for Rosette, we wouldn’t have known.”

“What do you mean? You also saved me.”

Louis, who had recovered and was nonchalantly drinking his tea, spoke up, “… Sir Sion, didn’t you run the shop? Or do you not remember anything about it?”

“I have no recollection.”

“Ugh…”