46

“…Huh?” I bit my lips shut and asked foolishly. What was he talking about?

“Why is that?”

Kiris was silent for a moment, then blinked his eyes elegantly.

“It’s not that….”

“Why?”

A deflated chuckle escaped my lips.

‘Blonde… His Highness Prince Cedric?’

I remembered seeing His Highness Prince Cedric earlier. However, I didn’t know what that had to do with me liking blondes.

“Mistress.”

Kiris held out his hand, which he had been hiding behind his back. When I shifted my gaze, I saw a freesia flower in his hand.

“You like flowers, don’t you?”

It was even more splendid than the freesia I had seen in the Amoni’s flower garden, looking like a flower from a dream. Kiris silently placed the flower in my ear. Then, he smiled the brightest smile I had ever seen. It was a smile that sparkled more than the freesia.

“It’s pretty.”

His red eyes were only looking at me. His gaze was strangely unfamiliar, so I lowered my head.

“Yes. Thank you,”

“It’s maintained by magic, so it won’t wilt.”

“Really?”

I took out the freesia flower and smelled it. It seemed to have a stronger fragrance. I was happy that I could see this all year round.

‘I have to put it in my room!’

It was the moment that my Treasure 47 was born. Kiris’s face brightened when he saw my delighted expression.

“Kiing!”

At that moment, Snow came running down the stairs on the second floor, barking sharply.

‘That’s right, there’s Snow here!’

Snow approached me, sneaking a peek at me, and I held it in my arms.

“Kiing….”

Snow made a whining sound. Meanwhile Kiris, who was watching it, opened his mouth.

“I’ve been curious about this, but can I see Snow for a moment?”
When Kiris asked cautiously, I nodded.

“Yes, that’s okay.”

“Hmm….”

Kiris examined Snow thoroughly, stroking his chin. Then, he reached out to Snow.

At the same time, an intangible energy was felt in the air, then it disappeared in an instant.

Snow became even more vigilant and opened its mouth wide as if it was going to eat Kiris.
Even though it was threatening him with its head, which was only the size of a fist, it just looked cute.

Kiris tilted his head.

“…So that’s what it was.”
“What?”

“Ah.”

Kiris chose his words as he looked at me. Soon, Kiris opened his mouth and looked at Snow with dissatisfaction.

“Mistress, that’s Snow, right? The one you saw at the temple?”

“Yeah. That’s right. It was wandering around near my house, so I decided to take care of it. But why? Do you know something?”

“……I think its a divine beast.”

“……What?”

My eyes widened. Did I hear that wrong?

If it was true, it was as shocking as the fact that Sion was Kiris.

“Divine beasts are animals that haven’t appeared for a long time. I don’t know why it appeared at the temple. But one thing’s for sure.” Kiris touched his chin and added. “Its not summoned. I can’t feel any magic power, and there’s a foreign energy inside him. It’s probably…… divine power.”

‘A divine beast!’

I looked at Snow blankly.

No, then, when I was looking for Snow’s owner and going around the temples, shouldn’t the priests have recognized him?

The priests really didn’t seem to know, so I couldn’t blame them.

‘But what am I going to do?’

I brought a divine beast home without permission. I imagined a future where the priests would hold a sit-in in front of my house, saying it was blasphemy.

‘No way!’

It was a darker future than being killed by the villain.

“Gasp! Then I have to return it to the temple…”
However, unlike my expression, Kiris had a calm expression.

“You don’t have to do that. It seems like the divine beast has chosen its master. I think we should find out why.”

‘It chose me as its master?’

Kiris sensed my doubtful gaze and opened his mouth.

“The divine beast originally imprints on the person who becomes its master.”

“Kiing, kiing.”

Snow rubbed its cheek against mine and whined. I felt a gaze looking at me as if it was pleading, and I looked at Snow in detail.

“Are you a divine beast?”

“Kiing!”

“Huh……”

Snow pitifully buried itself in my arms as if responding to my words. I thought something was a little strange. To be honest, there were more than one or two things that bothered me on our first meeting.

‘It was like no one was there, as if I was inside a barrier.’

At the founding festival, no one was visible as if I was in a different world.

And when I went the way Snow guided me, I came out right in front of the temple. There was no way to explain that phenomenon without supernatural occurrences.

‘I should go to the temple.’

I had to find out why the divine beast chose me. Judging from how Kiris said it was okay, it seemed like there wouldn’t be a problem even if I took the divine beast with me.

“But, Mistress.” Kiris glanced around and said. “Don’t you need an escort? I want to stay by your side all the time… but I have to go back to the Magic Tower often.”

“…Huh? I don’t need an escort. I’ve been doing fine on my own up until now.”

Kiris smiled and continued. “No, I think I’ll feel more at ease if you have an escort.”
If you say that, I’ll feel even more anxious, you know?