61

* * *

In a sacred prayer room that seemed to embrace all the purity in the world, a priest in white was kneeling and praying to God.

The priest, who had been still as a statue, slowly opened his eyes.

“This is…?”

A foreign presence lingered in his golden eyes. A similar energy to divine power could be felt around the statue, and the priest reached out his hand toward the holy water.

Then, a strange thing happened.

Whoosh-

A dazzling golden light spread out like a curtain, illuminating the surroundings.

“The holy water is reacting.”

He knelt and clasped his hands together. As he recited the prayer in succession, the light that had filled the prayer room slowly disappeared.

“Why has the oracle that has not come down for 200 years come down now…”

Soon, a pure white light burst forth, and golden letters emerged.

He silently stared at them and his expression hardened.

[Chaos has not disappeared. Let there be light.]

It was a majestic and solemn warning. Soon, the letters scattered and disappeared, and the prayer room became quiet as if nothing had happened.

‘Chaos….’

Suddenly, the priest thought of the mhe hage ad healed with divine power. An ominous energy filled with malice.

It was a type of energy that could not be completely healed with divine power.

‘But, surprisingly, he recovered very quickly.’

It would have been impossible without someone’s help. The priest nodded as he pieced together the contents of the oracle.

He didn’t know why he thought of that, but he thought it might be related.

* * *

“Miss, a letter has arrived.”

Mary handed me a bundle of letters. I quickly skimmed through the letters and threw Lionel’s letter in the trash.

‘He’s still sending them?’

He should have known that they were not invited to the banquet. However, their attitude did not change at all.

What would they think if they found out that I was barely stopping Kiris from destroying their family?

As I was about to throw away the letter, I paused when I saw the new sender.

It was Leila Cernia, my younger sister. She had never written to me before, so I wondered what she was thinking.

I sighed and opened the letter, but there was nothing special.

Like Lionel, she asked how I could do such a thing and said that she would come to my house and persuade me when she had the chance.

‘Well, it doesn’t matter to me anymore.’

She didn’t know my address, and even if Lionel told her, Leila, who had a strong sense of pride, was unlikely to come in person.

I took out a letter with the seal of the Eckart ducal family.

[Rosie, today, my brother wrote a handwritten letter and sent it to me. Fortunately, it seems that the subjugation of the demons is going smoothly. Lately, there have been a lot of demons in the duchy, so I’m worried. Are you okay? Of course, Sir Kiris will take good care of you…]

Today, I smiled as I read Aria’s letter, written in her usual cute handwriting.

After the banquet, I started exchanging letters with Aria, who I had decided to be friends with.

At first, we only exchanged brief greetings, but now we were close enough to share trivial stories about our daily lives.

‘And we became more comfortable talking.’

Aria, who was of a higher status than me, called me by my nickname first, and I also became more comfortable with her.

“Miss, I’m glad. I was worried because you didn’t have any friends!”

Oh, my sore spot…

I opened my eyes wide and looked at Mary.

“Isn’t that too straightforward?”

“I’m sorry, Miss.”

Mary grinned and picked up Lionel’s letter that had gone into the trash.

“Miss, should I throw this away like usual?”

“Yes. Please.”

Mary left the room, and I picked up a quill. Aria was worried about her brother, who had not yet returned.

‘Hmm… The male lead is still subjugating the demons.’

Aria was not yet aware of her feelings, so I thought it would be good to give her a hint.

“Whew, I’m done.”

A little later, a letter filled with my sincerity and concern was completed.

“Mary.”

I opened the door to call Mary, and Snow, who had been sniffing in front of the door, jumped out and hugged me.

“Kiing!”

“Were you waiting?”

“Kiing, kiing!”

Snow rubbed its body against my ankles, expressing its joy. One thing I learned while taking care of Snow was that it didn’t eat.

Was it because it’s a divine beast made of divine power?

“Oh my! Rosette. I’m sorry. Snow kept wanting to see you!”

“Oh, it’s okay. Louis.”

Louis smiled brightly and used magic to remove the fur that had fallen on the floor.

“Rosette! Is it really okay?”

“What is it?”

“You told me recently that I could do my magic research here, but I’m afraid of Sir Kiris…”

“It’s okay. I’ll talk to him, so you can do it here like you did in the magic tower. Anyway, Kiris has cast a protective spell, so there’s no risk of the house being destroyed.”

As Louis said, Kiris spent several days casting various protective spells on my house.

From an alarm spell that would ring if a stranger forcibly entered the house to various security spells.

I don’t know why he’s so extreme. My house isn’t a dangerous place!

“Mary , please deliver this.”

“Yes. Miss.”