ZERO

"There will be war

"There will be war. There will be bloodshed."

--------------------------------------------------------------------

The echoing cries of agony from Queen Aemma Arryn signaled the onset of her labor, reverberating through the chambers. She harbored a fervent desire to bestow upon her husband, King Viserys Targaryen, a son, to complement their existing daughter, Rhaenyra, who had entered the world fourteen years prior. Amid her excruciating torment, Queen Aemma caught sight of King Viserys entering the chamber accompanied by a maester, offering a glimmer of hope amidst her suffering. Viserys tenderly grasped her hand, his voice filled with reassurance as he stated, "They are going to take out the babe." 

Aemma observed the midwives positioning themselves to hold her hands and legs, prompting her to inquire, "What are they preparing to do?" As Aemma's eyes fell upon the maester beginning to make an incision in her abdomen, she cried out in a panicked exclamation, "No!"  Tragically, despite the efforts of the maester and midwives, Aemma succumbed to her injuries, bleeding to death during childbirth. Nonetheless, her sacrifice brought forth twins into the world: a son named Baelon and a daughter named Alyssanne.

After merely an hour of life, Baelon, the younger of the twins, passed away, leaving his older sibling to carry on. Viserys, consumed by grief and guilt over the loss of his wife and son, took the monumental step of naming his elder daughter, Rhaenyra, as his heir. He couldn't help but notice the striking resemblance between Alyssanne and Rhaenyra, a poignant reminder of the family he had lost and the legacy that remained.

 Six moons following the death of Queen Aemma, Viserys decided to marry Lady Alicent Hightower, who happened to be Rhaenyra's closest companion. Alicent's affection for Alyssanne knew no bounds, as she embraced the young girl as her own, openly declaring to all that Alyssanne was her eldest child, fostering a bond of love and care between them.

Two years following Alyssanne's birth, Alicent welcomed a son named Aegon into the world. Alyssanne and Aegon formed an inseparable bond, their connection transcending that of mere siblings as they harbored deeper feelings for each other. Two years after the birth of Aegon, Alicent and Viserys welcomed a daughter into their family, naming her Halaena. Alyssanne and Aegon showered their new sister with adoration, forming a close and loving bond with her from the moment she entered their lives.

Following Halaena's birth, Aemond arrived just a year later, adding another member to the growing family. Alyssanne assumed a fiercely protective role over her younger brother, Aemond, ensuring his safety and well-being with unwavering dedication. Four years later, Daeron, the youngest sibling, joined the family. Alyssanne continued her pattern of being exceedingly protective, extending her watchful care to her youngest brother, Daeron, as well.

When Alyssanne reached the age of fifteen and Aegon thirteen, Alicent arranged their betrothal to each other. Viserys approved of the decision, seeing it as a fitting match for their family. The affection between Alyssanne and Aegon blossomed into deep love as they grew older. Aegon courted Alyssanne fervently, demonstrating his devotion to her with every gesture and word. Throughout these events, Rhaenyra, Viserys and Aemma's elder daughter, grappled with complex emotions. Upon her mother's death, she harbored resentment towards Alyssanne, blaming her for their mother's passing. Alyssanne declared ownership of the dragons Vermithor and Silverwing.