THREE

"Rhaenyra named her youngest son Joffery. A name unlikely for a Velaryon," Aemond remarks to Alyssanne. Alyssanne chuckles softly, "Did you know that I was the one who suggested your name?" she reveals, a hint of pride in her voice.

"Yes, Mother has told me loads of times," acknowledges Aemond. "Daeron is the only one of us whose dragon egg hatched. Ours didn't," Alyssanne explains with a hint of disappointment. "But you inspire me a lot since you have two dragons, Vermithor and Silverwing," Aemond adds, expressing admiration for his sister's resilience and strength.

"Aemond, you'll have a dragon one day," said Alyssanne reassuringly. "I claimed Vermithor and Silverwing when I was 10, as old as you are now," she adds, offering him hope and encouragement. "You're the first Targaryen to claim more than one dragon, sister," said Aemond with admiration. "Smallfolk call you 'The Mother of Dragons'," he adds, acknowledging Alyssanne's unique and remarkable achievement. 

Helaena, walking alongside them, shares a cryptic saying, "In the fiery dance of scaled guardians, a decade's child forsakes sight, while the eldest kin bears the weight of guilt in silent whispers." Her words carry an air of mystique and depth, leaving Alyssanne and Aemond pondering their meaning.

"What is she talking about?" asked Aemond, puzzled by Helaena's cryptic words. "I can't understand what she is trying to tell, Aemond," says Alyssanne, frustration evident in her voice. "And we can't ask her because she forgets every time," she adds, expressing the challenge of deciphering Helaena's enigmatic messages due to her forgetfulness.

Helaena interrupts, her tone tinged with confusion, "What in the light of the Seven did I just say now?" Her question highlights her tendency to forget her own words shortly after speaking them. "Never mind it, Hel," said Alyssanne, brushing off Helaena's forgotten words with a gentle smile.

As they gather for dinner after their prayers to the Seven, Aegon discreetly reaches beneath the table to hold Alyssanne's hand, their connection remaining unseen by others around them. "Children, Lady Laena Velaryon has passed away," Viserys announces solemnly. "Tomorrow, we will be leaving for Driftmark," he adds, informing them of their impending journey to pay their respects. The children nod silently, their expressions reflecting their understanding and acceptance of the situation.

As everyone finishes their supper and retires to their chambers, Aegon and Alyssanne find themselves walking hand in hand, their chambers conveniently located next to each other. "Why do I sense that something ominous looms over our stay in Driftmark?" Alyssanne murmurs, her intuition tinged with unease. "Nothing will happen, Allie," reassures Aegon, his voice filled with conviction as he seeks to alleviate Alyssanne's concerns.

Aegon heads to his chamber, while Alyssanne makes her way to hers. Alyssanne's chamber is adorned in hues of indigo and violet, her favorite colors enveloping the room in a soothing ambiance. She changes into her nightgown and settles down onto the bed, ready to rest after the day's events. She drifts off to sleep, her mind gradually easing into a state of peaceful slumber as she surrenders to the embrace of the night.