TEN

Alyssanne and Helaena sat in the garden, conversing quietly while Vaenya, Visenya, and Jaehaerys played nearby. Aerion and Daenara were fast asleep. "I have another babe on the way," Helaena announced.

"Has Aemond been informed?" Alyssanne inquires.

"Of course," Helaena responds with a smile, "He's overjoyed at the thought of another addition to our family."

"What names are you considering for the babe?" Alyssanne inquires.

"We haven't decided yet," Helaena replies, "but we're considering a few options. Do you have any suggestions?"

"I was considering Valarr for a boy," Alyssanne muses, her hand resting softly on her belly, "but now I'm leaning towards Vaeron." 

"I like Vaeron," Helaena replies with a smile, "It has a strong sound."

"I believe the child I'm carrying is a girl," Alyssanne remarks with a smile.

"Another little princess," Helaena muses, returning the smile. "How lovely. Have you thought of any names yet?"

"Aegon suggested Rhaenys, but I prefer Gael," Alyssanne laughs softly. "He seems to favor names from the history books, especially those linked to Aegon the Conqueror's era. He didn't have the same interest in history and philosophy as Aemond,"

Helaena mutters, "The progeny of sister's eldest shall face the dawn's war's shadow."

"Are you okay, Hel?" Alyssanne inquires with concern.

"I'm alright," Helaena sighed, feeling the weight of the prophecies and dragon dreams pressing down on her. She knew they unsettled her, especially with little Jaehaerys getting scared whenever she muttered such things. He would often seek comfort with Aemond. Fortunately, Jaehaerys was occupied playing with Visenya and Vaenya.

"You appear to be under a lot of stress," Alyssanne observes.

"You've always been perceptive," Helaena replies with a small smile.

"I've always been observant. After all, I'm your elder sister," Alyssanne remarks.

Helaena grins, "I'm fortunate to have a sister like you."

Ser Criston enters the garden, "My princesses, Her Grace requests your presence."

"Mother, you wished to see us?" Helaena inquired as they approached Alicent.

"Yes. Your father wanted to have supper with Rhaenyra, Daemon and their children," says Alicent. "Why does Father insist on us joining them?" Alyssanne questioned, her eyes rolling in exasperation.

"We have to, regardless of personal feelings. It's important to maintain appearances," Alicent explained.

(author note: this is a filler chapter)