chapter 24

As Jimin stepped out of Namjoon's car, the crisp evening air enveloped him, offering a brief respite from the chaos of the day. He thanked Namjoon for the ride, exchanging a brief nod of gratitude before the car pulled away, leaving Jimin alone in the quiet solitude of the estate's driveway.

With a sigh, Jimin made his way towards the grand entrance of the house, his footsteps echoing against the marble floors as he crossed the threshold. The familiar sight of the staff bustling about greeted him, their expressions a mixture of deference and professionalism as they went about their duties.

Ignoring the curious glances that followed him, Jimin ascended the staircase, his thoughts consumed by the events of the day. It had been a long and exhausting shift at the fashion studio, and all he wanted now was to retreat to the sanctuary of his room and escape into the comforting embrace of solitude.

As he reached the top of the stairs, Jimin's gaze was drawn to the figure of Jungkook standing in the hallway above. His brow furrowed in concern as he observed the younger man, noting the frustration etched into his features as he struggled with his phone.

As Jungkook's father finally acquiesced with a reluctant "Yes?" Jungkook wasted no time in launching into his tirade. "You blocked my credit card?!" His voice reverberated harshly down the corridor, thick with anger and frustration. His father, on the other end of the call, braced himself for the confrontation.

"Yeah. I had to teach you a lesson for destroying Jimin's studio," his father responded, his tone firm but tinged with disappointment. Upon hearing Jimin's name, Jungkook's incredulity peaked, and he could barely contain his disbelief.

"What?!" Jungkook exclaimed, his voice rising in disbelief. Meanwhile, Jimin, overhearing the conversation, instinctively ducked behind the nearest railing, desperate to remain unseen but eager to catch every word. He knew that Jungkook would be seething with anger now, and guilt gnawed at his conscience.

"You can't be serious! It wasn't me!" Jungkook protested vehemently, his defenses rising like a fortress against his father's accusations. But despite his fervent denial, his father's trust seemed elusive.

"Save the cheap self-defenses, Jungkook. I know what you're capable of," his father retorted sternly, his words laced with disappointment and suspicion. Frustration coursed through Jungkook's veins, his jaw clenched tight as he rubbed his face in his palm, the weight of his father's distrust heavy on his shoulders.

"what the fuck... what the fuck ..." Jungkook muttered under his breath, the swell of anger rising within him like a dormant volcano finally erupting. Jimin, observing from his hidden vantage point, couldn't help but feel a pang of guilt, knowing that his actions had ignited this volatile situation.

Jungkook's voice reverberated down the corridor, laden with frustration and disbelief as he vehemently denied the accusations hurled at him. "You're accusing me of something I didn't fucking do! What's wrong with you?!" His words hung heavy in the air, tinged with anger that seemed to seep into every corner of the hallway.

Jimin's anxiety spiked as he listened to Jungkook's tirade, his own guilt gnawing at him as he remained hidden from view, an unwilling witness to the escalating confrontation.

"You trust that bitch more than me! What did he complain about?" Jungkook's words sliced through the tension, his frustration palpable as he struggled to comprehend his father's unwavering belief in Jimin's accusations.

The authoritative voice of Jungkook's father crackled through the phone, his words commanding obedience. "I ask you to pay him for the damage you caused to his studio. If you don't do it, I'll cut off your allowance."

Jungkook's incredulity reached new heights at the ultimatum delivered by his father. "What?!" His voice cracked with disbelief, the weight of responsibility pressing down on him like a suffocating blanket.