chapter 26

Jimin stood before the mirror in the restroom, his reflection staring back at him with a mixture of bewilderment and frustration. Taking a deep breath, he attempted to steady his racing thoughts and quell the rising tide of anxiety that threatened to overwhelm him.

"What the hell is going on..." he muttered under his breath, the words escaping in a hushed exhale as he sought solace in the solitude of the restroom. With trembling hands, he splashed cold water onto his face, hoping to alleviate some of the tension that coiled tightly within him.

In the tranquil embrace of the park, Jungkook found himself seated on a weathered bench, enveloped by the serenity of nature's embrace. Around him, verdant foliage flourished, casting dappled shadows upon the path below. Sunlight filtered through the canopy above, illuminating the scene with a golden glow that danced upon the earth.

Lost in contemplation, Jungkook's brow furrowed as he mulled over Namjoon's ominous words, each syllable echoing like a haunting refrain in the recesses of his mind. Yet, amidst the weight of uncertainty, he found solace in the sights and sounds that surrounded him.

"You have no idea what he went through.."

Jungkook shook his head and muttered. "Tssk. Why do I even care?"

As Jimin emerged from the restroom, his eyes fell upon the familiar figure of the cleaning lady, her presence a beacon of opportunity amidst the uncertainty that clouded his thoughts. With a surge of determination, he quickened his pace, his mind buzzing with the possibility of uncovering a clue that might shed light on the mysterious destruction of his studio.

"Bingo," he thought, his lips curling into a determined grin. "Since she cleans every nook and cranny in this building, she might know something about it."

Approaching her with confident strides, Jimin called out, "Yun-hee?"

The cleaning lady turned at the sound of her name, her eyes widening in surprise at the sight of Jimin. "Oh! Park Jimin! You scared me!" she exclaimed, clutching at her heart in a gesture of mock alarm. "What? Do you need anything?"

Jimin regarded her with a searching gaze, his expression serious as he broached the subject at hand. "You know that my studio was destroyed, right?"

"Yes, I know.." she replied, her voice tinged with sympathy.

"Didn't you clean there before yesterday?" Jimin pressed, his tone betraying a hint of skepticism.

"No. I had the day before yesterday off," the cleaning lady answered truthfully, but Jimin wasn't convinced.

Furrowing his brows, he crossed his arms over his chest, his mind racing with suspicion. "Huh? Do you have proof?" he challenged, his voice edged with a steely resolve.

"Mr. Jimin... Do you suspect me?" the cleaning lady asked, her eyes wide with apprehension.

Jimin's skepticism only deepened at the cleaning lady's question, her response doing little to assuage his growing suspicion. Despite her outward appearance of innocence, he couldn't shake the nagging feeling that there was more to the story than she was letting on.

"I don't know what to believe anymore," Jimin admitted, his tone tinged with frustration. "But someone must have been responsible for what happened to my studio, and I need to find out who."

The cleaning lady's eyes widened at his words, a flicker of concern passing over her features. "Mr. Jimin, I assure you, I had nothing to do with it," she insisted, her voice tinged with earnestness.

Jimin studied her carefully, weighing her words against the mounting evidence of his own suspicions. "I want to believe you," he replied, his voice softening slightly. "But until I have proof, I can't rule anyone out."