chapter 30

Mr. Kim, busy tending to the garden, carefully trimmed the rose bushes and tidied up the flower beds. His movements were deliberate and serene, showing a deep affection for his work.

“How is Mr. Namjoon? Is he better?” Mr. Kim asked, glancing up from his gardening.

“Yeah, thank god he is,” Taehyung replied, sipping his morning cup of green tea. The warm liquid soothed him as he reflected on the events of the previous night.

“Poor guy,” Mr. Kim sighed, shaking his head. “He should have told us about his allergy.”

“Yeah... I don't understand why he didn't say anything. It's strange,” Taehyung mused, his brow furrowing in thought. Why hadn’t Namjoon mentioned his allergy? The question gnawed at him, filling him with a sense of unease.

“I'd like to go see him, once I'm done with the housework,” Mr. Kim said, straightening up and wiping his hands on a cloth.

“Yeah, we'll go,” Taehyung agreed, though his mind was still preoccupied.

“Damn it…” Jimin muttered under his breath, struggling to start his car in the early morning light. He turned the key again and again, but the engine refused to cooperate. “Come on! Jump in!” he pleaded, his frustration growing with each futile attempt. Finally, he slammed his hands on the steering wheel and leaned back in his seat, exasperated. “This must be a bad dream,” he muttered, giving up.

Jimin stormed into the kitchen, his eyes locking onto Jungkook, who was casually sipping his morning coffee. Jungkook’s eyebrows lifted slightly in confusion, but he didn’t say anything, sensing that Jimin was about to demand something from him.

“Take me to work,” Jimin commanded, his tone sharp and urgent.

“Why?” Jungkook asked, setting his coffee cup down and meeting Jimin’s fiery gaze.

“My car died. Something went wrong with it,” Jimin explained, his frustration evident in every word.

“Then let your manager drive you,” Jungkook replied nonchalantly, taking another sip of his coffee, seemingly unfazed by Jimin’s predicament.

“He’s not here right now; he’s in the hospital,” Jimin sighed, his irritation growing.

“Ah…” Jungkook murmured, understanding dawning on him.

“Will you take me or not?” Jimin’s voice was taut with annoyance. He had no patience for a drawn-out argument this morning. Jungkook looked at him thoughtfully, his silence only adding to Jimin’s exasperation. With an impatient sigh, Jimin turned on his heel.

“Fuck that, I’ll take the bus…”

“Wait!”

Jungkook and Jimin sat in tense silence, the hum of the car engine the only sound between them. Jungkook stole glances at Jimin, whose jaw was clenched tight as he stared out the window.

“What happened with your manager? Why is he in the hospital?” Jungkook finally asked, breaking the silence. He kept his eyes on the road, his voice measured and careful.

“Do you have to know?” Jimin snapped, his tone icy.

“Yeah, I’m interested,” Jungkook replied, trying to keep his voice calm. “Did something bad happen to him?”

“Yeah… He ate spicy food yesterday.” Jimin glanced at Jungkook out of the corner of his eye, watching for his reaction. “Which Taehyung served him,” he added pointedly.

“What?” Jungkook blurted out, confusion and surprise mingling in his voice.

“Namjoon was at Mr. Kim’s for dinner yesterday,” Jimin explained deliberately, savoring the moment he knew would shock Jungkook.