Chapter 32: Rigel's feelings

Y/n had her best holidays at the Grimmauld place with Rigel and his baby sister Artemis. She and Rigel would play all sorts of games and clean the house and stuff. Rigel being a Hufflepuff, was extremely friendly and the best way to describe him was the funniest brother. Being with him, reminded her more of Draco.

Rigel had grown very much over the last year, and now he'd even be taller than Harry. His blue eyes sparkling just like the star-Rigel. His dark brown hair was a bit overgrown and kind of messy, which Ophelia would tell him to trim, but Sirius supports him. He says, Boys with long hair are fine.

Y/n could agree to that, even though she couldn't relate to it. 

Rigel and herself would take turns to look after baby Artemis, so that Ophelia was free most of the time. Y/n always wondered if the baby had some gift, because her grey eyes (Like Sirius') glowed whenever she smiled. 

Every nightfall, Rigel and Y/n would sit alone in his room, which Y/n found really weird. Because his room was clean and tidy every time, unlike the other boys. He sat at his desk and Y/n sat in the corner of his bed. He looked out the window, looking at the moon. 

'So, you and her are friends?', he asked without a start and end.

'Her who?'

He hesitated, Y/n titled her head and noticed his blush and bit his lip before he could answer. 'Who else...', he paused. 'Ginevra'

'She doesn't like her full name', Y/n said. 

'She won't use the bat bogey hex on me, will she?', he asked. 'If I called her Ginevra'

'The excuse only applies to you', said Y/n. 'And... no... we are not that close. If you need information on Ginny Weasley, please contact Hermione Granger'

'You sound like an Advertisement', he giggled. 

'What is going on between you two?', Y/n smirked. 'L.O.V.E?'

He hid his blush with a straight smile. 'Not that... Just don't know how to ask her out'

'Woah. woah... wait what?', she shook her head in disbelief. Rigel, wants to make a move on Ginny. Y/n found that really funny and ridiculous. Rigel was a silent, calm and patient Hufflepuff, and Ginny... well the exact opposite of him. But, by the theory of Coulomb, opposites attract.

'Ridiculous isn't it?', he sounded a bit American. 'A girl like her wouldn't like me,... She's beautiful... she's got those eyes and... hair... and that smile which can completely disarm anyone'

'Wow..... I've never heard a guy describe his girl so perfectly', she said.

'Shut up', he snapped.

'So, what do you want me to do?', she asked him, furrowing her eyebrows. 'Third wheeling?'

'We're not even dating?', he said like a question.

'Right. So?'

'I want you to help me', he said. His eyes said it with sincerity and affection. Y/n wondered if boys like him still existed.'Help me get her'

'Er... you want me to Accio her?', she asked sarcastically, to which Rigel laughed.

'No... You have to help me with a letter'

'A love letter?', she asked with wide eyes. She has never been involved in these kinds of crimes, That is why she thought this was amusing. 'Why not?'

'Yes!', Rigel punched the air, in achievement. 'Let's hope she won't kick my ass after I give this'

'She won't... she'd rather hex you', Y/n giggled

'Hey!'

'Okay, okay!', she said. 

Rigel took out his parchment, quill and ink instantly. He wrote Dear Ginny. And waited. 'What else?'

'Writing Dear Ginny and thinking what to write, Rigel you're such a dumbass'

'I know, that is the reason you're here, to help me', he said. 

'Okay... use something flattery', she rolled her eyes. 'Like, Your smile is like expelliarmus. And you Accio-ed me toward you, and you use Incarcerous to bind me in your love--- '

'Woah wait...', he paused her, to think. 'Are you trying all your pickup lines for Harry on my letter?'

'Shut it, Rigel!... I only wanted to help you, alright? and you shouldn't talk about my love life, and... It's my past... and you needn't remind me, I've gone through much and I don't want to remember that anymore.', she yelled.

'Woah... calm down girl...I'm sorry', he said sincerely. 'I didn't mean to bring it up'

'Fine', She grumbled and left the room. 

'What did I do wrong?', Rigel innocently asked his cat, Popcorn, He bought him last summer. Popcorn meowed. He sighed and went downstairs.

Y/n ate her dinner fast, without meeting anyone's eyes and went to her room upstairs, without even a goodnight. Sirius and Ophelia exchanged looks. 

Y/n fell flat on her bed, thinking. She still wanted Harry to be honest. She wanted his love. She needed his care. She needed his kiss. She needed every part of him. But the thing is, Harry doesn't like her anymore. He likes someone else. 

'No one needs me', she talked to herself. 'No one will need me'

I'm like a torn book in a library, no one wants to borrow or read.

She took out the last letter he had sent her, which was left unopened in her desk. She felt guilty for burning all his letters he sent, without even reading them. But this time, she thought she could read it. 

Dear Y/n,

I know I was acting like shit over the past year. Please forgive me for that. I didn't want us to end. We're not something which will end. I still want you, Y/n. Only you, nobody else. I know this is hard for you.... But, I'm really sorry. I love you more

~Harry

He still wants me, That thought kept running in her mind. Nobody else.

She took her wand and muttered, 'Incendio', and watched the parchment burst into flames.

........

'Who's there?', said a nervous voice he recognized as Mrs. Weasley's. 'Declare yourself!'

'It is I, Dumbledore, bringing Harry', The door opened at once. There stood Mrs. Weasley, short and plump.

'Harry, dear! Gracious, Albus, you gave me a fright, you said not to expect you before morning!'

'We were lucky,' said Dumbledore, ushering Harry over the threshold. 'Slughorn proved much more persuasible than I had expected. Harry's doing, of course. Ah, hello, Nymphadora!'

Nymphadora Tonks was in her mousy brown hair today. She looked pale, as if she had been sick for a while longer. 'Hello, Professor', she said. 'Wotcher, Harry'.

'Hi, Tonks', Harry says with a wave.

'Are you and Y/n any good?', she asked as she picked up her cloak to leave. 

'Nope. Sirius says she burned all the letters I sent her over the past month', He says hopelessly.

'I'd better be off', she said quickly, standing up and pulling her cloak around her shoulders. 'Thanks for the tea and sympathy, Molly'.