Chapter 42: Kids, don't try this at anyone, even your worst, sworn enemy

Harry's Pov~

'Why were you stalking my brother?', Y/n asked me, when we were in The Burrow for Christmas.  

'I actually--'

'No. I think you're gay and... you like my brother'

I stuck my tongue out in disgust. 'No, Y/n don't act like you're mad, I belong to you and only you'

I really don't know how this girl got to think that I'm a gay and I like her brother, my nemesis and enemy, the now-death-eater Draco Malfoy. How will I ever ask her if he is one, or how will I get her to tell the truth of Malfoy 'is' a Death Eater.

-------

Y/n must be in the common room, according to my guesses and calculations. But well, as Hermione is all grumpy with the Ron-Lavender thing, I am the mediator between them and it's pretty irritating. They can't pass a day without quarreling. 

Anywho, if those two idiots don't end up together, I will create a new spell.

I made this usual detour along the seventh-floor corridor, checking the Marauder's Map, for the signs of Draco Malfoy. His must be in the Room of Requirements, most probably.

Mistake, guys.

But Malfoy's tiny, labeled dot standing in a boys' bathroom on the floor below, accompanied, not by Crabbe or Goyle, but by Moaning Myrtle.

I paced quicker to the floor below. Outside the bathroom, I pressed an ear against the door. I couldn't hear anything, so I very quietly pushed the door open.

Draco Malfoy was standing with his back to the door, his hands clutching either side of the sink, his white-blond head bowed.

'Don't,' crooned Moaning Myrtle's voice. 'Don't... tell me what's wrong... I can help you--'

'No one can help me', said Malfoy. His whole body was shaking. "I can't do it... I can't... It won't work... and unless I do it soon... he says he'll kill me..'

It was really shocking that a guy or bully who makes people cry is actually crying. I didn't know whether I should go, comfort and help him, or draw my wand out and curse him, fulfilling my revenge.

In a second, he saw me in the mirror, standing at the door and wheeled around, drawing his own wand out, protectively before me. 

Oh, very well then, so will I.

 Malfoy's hex missed by inches, shattering the lamp on the wall beside me. 

I thought, pointing my wand towards him, Levicorpus!

'No! No! Stop it!' squealed Moaning Myrtle, her voice echoing loudly around the tiled room. 'Stop! STOP!'

'Cruci —'

'SECTUMSEMPRA!', I waved my wand wildly, and then immediately regretted it.

Kids, don't try  this at anyone, even your worst, sworn enemy.

Blood spurted from Malfoy's face and chest as though he had been slashed with an invisible sword. He staggered backward and collapsed onto the waterlogged floor with a great splash, his wand falling from his limp right hand.

'No —' 

Slipping and staggering, I walked near his lifeless body, whose face was now shining scarlet, his white hands scrabbling at his blood-soaked chest.
'No — I didn't —'
I didn't know what to do, I didn't know what to say, I just dropped myself in the pool of Malfoy's blood, beside him. What have I done?

Moaning Myrtle let out a deafening scream, "MURDER! MURDER IN THE BATHROOM! MURDER!"
The door banged open behind me, my heart pounding in my chest, to my worst sense of recognition, it was Snape who had burst into the room, his face livid. Pushing me away, like I was a worthless piece of trash. 

He muttered an incantation, not a spell, like how Rapunzel's hair used to glow and heal people. Now the wounds seemed to be knitting. I heaved a sigh of relief inside myself, At least he was alive.

Oh no... 

What if, Y/n knows I did this? What if she hates me? What if we do not end up together?

'You need the hospital wing. There may be a certain amount of scarring, but if you take dittany immediately we might avoid even that... Come...', Snape helped him to his feet. I just stood there, like... Well, I didn't know what to do.

And to me, he said sternly, 'And you, Potter You wait here for me'

I might've disobeyed him, I could've run away to the common room, but I didn't. I made a mistake, and I will pay for it. 

'Harry?', the most favorite voice, I wanted to hear, came to my ears, I thought it was all a delulu until I saw her standing at the doorway. 

'Y-Y/n?', I stared at her, silently. I didn't know how I would explain this to her.

'Harry!', she ran towards, me almost slipping in the water. 'You're alright? Why is blood all over? What happened to you?'

I sighed. 'It.. it's not my blood', it was the only thing I managed to say. 

'Then? you're alright? I was worried, when Moaning myrtle yelled in the corridor', she hugged me, despite the fact that I'm wet and stained with her brother's blood. 'What happened?'

'N-nothing'

'Then why is blood everywhere?', she pulled away from me, worried. 'I'm scared, tell me what happened?'

'Your--'

Snape returned. He stepped into the bathroom and closed the door behind him.

'Go', he said to Myrtle, and she swooped back into her toilet at once, leaving a ringing silence behind her.

'I didn't mean it to happen', I said, my voice echoed in the cold, watery space. 'I didn't know what that spell did'

'Miss Malfoy, what are you doing here?', he asked her, ignoring my statement of truth, completely.

'Sir, I heard Moaning Myrtle say there was a murder here, and when I found Harry, I came in', she said truthfully.

But Snape ignored, and let her stay. My damnation arrives. 'Apparently I underestimated you, Potter, Who would have thought you knew such Dark Magic? Who taught you that spell?'
'I — read about it somewhere'
'Where?'

'Can someone tell me what exactly happened here, My brain is freaking out', she ordered in her usually sassy voice.

'Potter here, attempted to kill your brother, Miss Malfoy', he said, and turned to face me again.

'What?!', she looked like if someone had said that the earth was flat. 'No-- That... that can't be... he won't'

'Then ask him', Snape said coldly.

'Harry?', she shook me. 'Is he telling the truth? What did you do?'

I looked down, averting my eyes from meeting hers, I could sense her tears slowly running down her cheek, she pushed me away. 

'Y/n, I- I can explain!', I said. 'Hey, I didn't really know--'

'Shut up!', she yelled and ran away, probably to the hospital wing to look at her brother. 

That's it, Y/n will hate me for life, She and I aren't meant to be. I am too dangerous for her.

----------------