~Chapter 7~

⚠️WARNING⚠️
•Guns
•violence
•abuse (Abusive Ex)
•blood/gore

Slowly standing up, looking at mason in front of me, I freeze.

...

"Why am I not moving...?"

...

"Move dammit, I can't just stand here"-

...

"I'm like a standing target right now-!"

...

"Legs-! Move-! Come on!"

Mason looks at me with a glare, holding the gun in his hand, shoved in his pocket.

...

"Come on... legs... do something..."

...

"So? You gonna repeat what you said?" He asks me, stepping closer.

"No... I'm not. Y-you heard me." I say, slightly stepping away.

Mason grabs me by the collar of my shirt, pushing me against a locker.

"SAY IT."

My eyes widen. I feel my hands shake as my back is pressed against the locker. The metal hinges pressing into my back as it aches.

He pulls the gun out of his pocket, placing it to my head, his finger on the trigger.

I look into the barrel of the gun, noticing that it is loaded. I freeze.

He stays there, the loaded gun in his hand, pressing it to my skull for a moment, before I hear someone yell.

"DON'T YOU DARE!" Aiden yells.

The gun goes off.

"JAXON-!!"

...

As I open my eyes from the loud bang, expecting myself to be bleeding out on the ground, I notice,

I'm not bleeding whatsoever.

I look over towards my left.

The bullet is lodged into the metal locker, a few inches from my head.

Mason is still glaring at me.

I look at him, and take a sharp pencil from my back pocket, jabbing it into his arm.

I jab the pencil into his arm, twisting it, and pulling the pencil out.

Blood gushes out of his arm, his muscle twists and rips a hole through his skin.

Listening to his scream, I take that chance to trip him to the ground, kicking the gun out of his hand, and sprinting away.

...

Breathing heavily, I hear him stand up and load his gun, I run faster and faster, until I reach a classroom.

I run in and shut the door hiding in a corner.

As I sat alone in a classroom I began looking around at the empty walls.

The sun was shining through the window, making a glare on the screen attached to the wall, reflecting into my dark brown eyes.

...

"Shit..."

"I forgot to lock the door..."

The sounds of footsteps inch closer to the unlocked door of the room. I huddle back into the corner, holding my knees close to my chest.

Using one of my hands, I cover my mouth, slowly positioning myself to seem nonexistent in the corner.

The footsteps get closer, my heart racing, breathing heavily as my body shakes vigorously.

Without realizing, my hand reaches in my pocket, pulling out the blood sharpened pencil, holding it tightly in my sweating hand.

The footsteps grow louder; closer and closer, until the doorknob turns.

I pray to myself silently.

...

"I want my brother..." I cry.