~Chapter 14~

⚠️WARNING⚠️

•mention of death
•self harm
•relationships
•blood

As I sit in my room, the door locked shut, my windows closed, my lights off, I think to myself silently.

"What could I have done to help him...

I could've saved him... but now... my best friend, even I would say, my brother, is dead.

I cared for him as if he was another brother. He always treated me with such kindness...

Why...

Out of all people...

I'm the one that didn't save him...

I was right there....

Why did I trip...

Why..."

In that moment, my mind goes blank, as if I can't even control myself.

My body walks towards the bed, opening up a drawer, and pulling out my pocket knife.

I flip open the knife and press it against my wrist, cutting my skin.

Blood seeps from the cut, not much, but noticeable.

My eyes fill with tears as I drop the knife and lean against the wall of my room.

Tears fall down my cheeks as I remember every moment I've had with Aiden.

The games,

the memories,

the stories,

the phone calls,

the messages...

...

"Im sorry..."

As I sit there, I hear a knock on my window, knowing exactly who it was.

I open the blind and see maverick.

He notices the cut.

"Jaxon... why..." maverick says, stepping into the room, placing his hands on my cheeks, cupping my face.

"I'm sorry..." I say, placing my hands on top of his.

"You need to stop this, I don't wanna see you get hurt..." maverick says, hugging me.

I hug back, then looking up at him, holding the side of his face with my hand, gently kissing his lips.

He kisses back, placing one of his hands on my side, and the other hand on my back.

We hold the kiss for a few moments before pulling away slightly.

I go back into his arms, hugging him tightly.

"I love you, okay..?" Maverick says in my ear.

"I love you too..." I say, hugging him tightly.

"And I always will..." maverick says softly.