4

The Youkai King

IV

"So, what do you think?"

Amaterasu could not help it. Her lips curved into a satisfied smile when she saw Naruto's reaction. She loved how Naruto's honest facial expressions and body gestures sometimes answered her questions rather than his words.

"Holy shit! This body looks exactly like my old one. I mean, other than those horns and sharp canine-like teeth, which look awesome by the way, everything is spot on."

Amaterasu's lips formed an amused smile, "I may not be one of the strongest around here, but I am one of the leaders of a Pantheon. Creating a replica of your old body was just child's play."

Hearing her words, Naruto turned his head to face and gave her a knowing smile.

A pause later, Amaterasu sighed and started rubbing her forehead, "Yes, the body was not the issue, and yes, I underestimated how difficult it was to combine those two particular types of soul samples. But," The smile returned on her face," You will be pleased to hear that the merge was a success. But there is something strange about these two soul samples. After these two soul samples merged, they started acting as one instead of two."

"Really?!" Naruto's tone and expression surprised her. This was the first time she had seen him so excited.

"Yes," Amaterasu delicately raised one of her eyebrows at him, "What is more surprising is that the merged sample is not only acting as the core DNA of this body, but it is also merging with other DNAs. It is subtle, for now. And the only reason this did not raise any concerns is because you said that this was a possibility."

"Naruto," Amaterasu noticed that Naruto still had that excited look on his face, "Is it just these two particular people, or is there something about their bloodline?"

"It's a secret~"

Whatever Amaterasu was expecting, this was clearly not it.

Naruto laughed, "I am not hiding anything here, Lady Amaterasu. It is just that I want to see the result first before telling you about these two clans... bloodlines as you said," Suddenly, he had a melancholic look as he glanced at his new body, "These two clans had a rich history, and their lineage goes back to the very beginning of our world. If everything works out well, I will take my time and tell you about them. About their struggles, ambitions, and fates," Naruto turned to face her and smiled, that carefree disarming smile of his, "Maybe you should invite Susanoo and Tsukuyomi as well. I have a feeling they will greatly enjoy this as well. Of course, when I am ready to share that is."

Suddenly he made a sheepish expression, "Well, after Susanoo stops chasing me around for that prank I pulled. Do you think he has calmed down? At least enough for me to go to the bars."

Amaterasu snorted and immediately hid her face behind a conjured hand fan. An Ancient Goddess like her would not snort like that.

But then again, that was the charm of their new champion.

It had been two months since Amaterasu brought Naruto to their dimension. And she could say with complete honesty that she had never seen the Shinto Faction brimming with so much joy and spirit. It was all because of their champion. He was a helpful and kind man by heart, there was no denying that. No matter the time or the status of the Deity, Naruto would always lend a helping hand. And the way he could make others open up to him was really admirable.

But that was not all. His mischievous pranks kept everyone at an edge, in a positive way, so to speak. His pranks were never harmful, instead the sole purpose of his pranks was to bring smiles to everyone's faces, most of the time. After all, there were times when his pranks went out of control. Like last week, when he thought that the statue of Susanoo lacked creativity, so he gave a helping hand. In her entire lifetime, she had never seen a statue so colorful that it looked intimidating. Needless to say, for the whole day, Naruto was chased by Susanoo because of this.