20

A Different Beginning

IV

The Dimensional Gap

DxD

Draconic Deus

A world, a universe where only Dragons and Deities lived.

The Dragons were beings of chaos whereas the Deities were beings of Order. Even though they were polar opposites, they were maintaining the peace and stability of the world. How? Even though there were skirmishes and dissatisfactions, both sides knew the one and only fundamental truth. The balance of the DxD universe needed both of them.

And so, because of this understanding, the peace and the balance of the DxD universe lasted over hundreds of millenniums.

Then 'It' came.

The Beast of the End, the Beast of Apocalypse. It knew nothing but destruction, nothing but devouring everything.

The Dragons and the Deities fought back, they fought back with everything they have. But it was not enough. For years, they kept fighting. And for years, they were pushed back. They knew, in their hearts, that they were going to lose. It was inevitable. And with their defeat, the DxD universe would fall as well.

Not unless they did something drastic.

So, the Queen of the Dragons and the King of the Deities came up with their own solution. Unfortunately, one did not like the other's solution. They were very vocal about it at first, but in the end, they relented. Because when their survival was at stake, everything was permittable.

The Queen of the Dragons conducted a ritual that allowed her to ascend, to obtain an unimaginable power. With this, she became almost as strong as the 'Beast of Apocalypse'. She became the 'Beast of Infinity'.

The King of the Deities had a different approach in mind. His ritual called forth the 'Deities of the other Worlds'. The first ones to answer his call were 'Trimurti' and 'Ra'.

Together, they were able to defeat the 'Beast of Apocalypse' which would later be known as '666'.

Unfortunately, both the Dragon Queen's and the Deity King's actions had a consequence. After the ascension, the Dragon Queen's personality changed. When the fight was over, '666' was defeated, she had left their universe and settled down on the 'Void', which was now known as the 'Dimensional Gap'. Without their leader, and with the death of so many dragons, the dragons disbanded.

As for the King of Deities' action, humans were created. And with them came many other Godly factions, as well as beings that should not exist in their universe. So, to maintain the order, the King of Deity created a Godly faction of his own... which was now known as the 'Biblical Faction'.

Naruto released a deep breath as he stopped watching the memory.

Last week, Shiva shed some light on the history of the first two factions. It was a huge revelation, not just to Naruto but to everyone else... other than Amun-Ra. Questions were asked, and answers were given. But there were still some mysteries that remained... mysteries that Naruto did not want to touch but he knew, in his heart, that he would have to look into them later.

But what really put him on edge was the fact that Trihexa was not killed. Yes, it was defeated. But it could not be killed so Ophis and the Biblical God sealed him. Where and how? No one knows; not even Shiva and Amun-Ra.

And Naruto knew that someone somewhere out there was so freaking deranged, so painstakingly dumb that they were thinking about releasing the Beast. Maybe not now, not tomorrow, but there would be a time when such people would appear.