26

Calm before the Storm

V

"What a troublesome mess."

That was the first thought that came to Naruto's mind when he stepped out of the portal.

Many devils were running around the area. Naruto was not sure what they were trying to achieve. The area was already secured, and it had been swept a few times by the task force team, with Jiraiya leading. At least, the devils were not picking any fights with the exorcists. And by some miracles, the exorcists were not causing a fuse as they were standing on the sideline. As for the fallens, Naruto heard that they were back in the city, detaining the ones who followed Kokabiel.

Who would have thought that today would turn out like this?

Just a moment ago, Naruto was in the VIP section of the academy's stadium watching the latest round of the tournament. He had to say, he was glad that Khaoss went with his ideas. Instead of having matches that would focus only on the power of the participants, the participants were given challenges where they needed to think outside of the box. And it worked. After the first round, for the subsequent challenges, they stopped approaching with brute strength. Well... almost all of them. Guess, some were just slow on the uptake.

Needless to say, he was enjoying the tournament.

Then, the message came.

Not just to him; Azazel, Michael, and Sirzechs received it as well. At that moment, Naruto could tell from their expression that they would just up and leave, giving an inadequate excuse. Not the proper way to handle this situation considering they were surrounded by VIPs from other factions. So, Naruto took the lead. He stood up and calmed Sirzechs and Michael with a gesture. Then, he telepathically reached out to Khaoss and briefly told him the situation, and asked him to substitute for Azazel without alerting the students. After that, he faced the rest of the VIPs in the room and told them the truth... partial of it... that Rizevim Livan Lucifer was found near the Avalon Kingdom by one of his scouts. The situation was under control, but their presence was required.

Of course, some extended their offer to help but Naruto politely declined. With that, they left using their own teleportation methods.

Now, why did Naruto use this approach? The answer was simple. Minimizing the uproar with simple communication. If Naruto, Azazel, Michael, and Sirzechs were to leave the premise at the same time without giving any solid reason, everyone else would have taken it very badly. So, Naruto nipped that possibility in the bud.

And so, here he was.

"Naruto."

Naruto turned to see Jiraiya coming to him with a tired look but a smile on his face.

"How are things here?"

"Lighten up," Jiraiya was all smiles when he came closer. And then he put his hand on Naruto's shoulder. In a flash, Jiraiya pressed down his index finger two times and his ring finger one time.

'We need to talk, now.'

Naruto immediately loosened up, smiled, and dropped his shoulders, "It is hard to, you know."

Jiraiya then stood beside him, and the moment he put his hand over Naruto's shoulder, he pulled Jiraiya's mind over to his mindscape.

Usually, Naruto's mindscape would take the form of his current home. But this time, Naruto's mindscape took the form of Konohagakure and they were standing on top of the Hokage Rock.

Jiraiya, who was standing beside Naruto, took a glance at his side, "You created this to calm my nerves?" Then he let out a dry chuckle, "I do not think this will be enough, for either of us."