33

Enter ExE

V

Evies,

Creatures of metal, this was what they were known as.

Their ancestors were nowhere near as powerful as they were now. But they were known for their tenacity and determination to evolve, using any means necessary. Their obsession with strength and evolution was so severe that they conducted experiments even on their own species.

Their first true evolution was to discard their flesh and rebuild it with their own hands. And, it was just the start.

What truly started their crusade on every other race was when they discovered a method to gain knowledge and skills through the blood and DNA of that individual or species.

At first, their target was the strong and the intellectual. And it did not matter if the methods were questionable or vile, as long as they got stronger, they gladly accepted it.

And then the so-called Gods came.

It was then that they tasted their first true defeat. But it also exposed them to the worlds beyond.

Melvazoa was the first to figure out one of the core weaknesses of these Gods. It was their followers. Through the prayers and tributes of these followers, the Gods gained a huge portion of their strength.

And so, they began their purge. The Evies exterminated most life forms in their universe, significantly weakening the Gods before taking the fight to their doorsteps.

But something unexpected happened. While they were focusing on taking over the throne that belonged to the Gods, another species started to gain strength.

Etouldes.

Evies had gone through countless centuries of trials and hardships, shed their individuality, and waged wars against their creators to reach for that throne – Pillar God.

And yet, these spirits, Etouldes, had caught up to them by just connecting with nature.

It was as if their world was mocking them.

It was something Melvazoa could not accept. But no matter how much he tried, Evies could not defeat Etouldes.

Resetoras, the God who ruled the Etouldes and the one who became a Pillar God after Melvazoa, had a unique ability known as 'Absolute Domain'. In his case, the domain was not any concepts or abilities but 'A Territory', meaning he was a true Omnipotent as long as he stayed inside his realm. And since all Etouldes were dwelling in that domain, the Evies could not do anything.

They had tried many ways to attack them, to destroy his hold on his realm... but everything failed.

And the most disturbing fact that only Melvazoa and his siblings knew was that the domain of Etouldes was slowly expanding. It was slow but this did not fool Melvazoa. He estimated that within a millennium Resetoras' realm would cover two-thirds of their world. And that would radically weaken Evies as a whole.

How was this happening? There was no answer to it. Because Melvazoa did not see any possibilities, any opportunities that Resetoras could utilize to become stronger while hiding in that shell of his and protecting his followers.

The solution to this was once again a simple one. He just had to become stronger, which his kind had always been doing. But to do so, the Evies needed to venture out. They needed to find other worlds, other universes.

And then, they came face to face with another harsh reality.

Their world was locked away. An unbreakable wall surrounded their world, allowing no one to enter or exit. And once again, they faced a problem they had no solution to.