27

Calm before the Storm

VI

"Ophis is making a move."

He started laughing. Again. He just could not control it. It was hilarious... from his perspective at least.

The Supernatural world was in an uproar. Not the entirety of it... now that would be another sight to see. Those who were a part of the Khaos Brigade and those who knew about its existence; no, that was wrong. Anyone aware of Ophis and her connection to the Khaos Brigade was losing their minds right now.

All this... for a drop of blood.

"You seem to be enjoying yourself."

Quickly getting his laughter under control, he turned around, "Ophis, what a pleasant surprise."

Ophis tilted her head to the side, just a bit.

Fortunately, he was quite experienced when it came to deciphering emotions, "It's more of a celebration, you see. That pet project of mine, it did much better than I expected."

"The one where you took my blood?"

"The one where I took one drop of your blood, yes."

One glance was enough to tell him that she was still curious about the topic. Being the smart man he was, he decided to satisfy Ophis's curiosity. He waved his hand and immediately projections of many items appeared in front of them. He could see from the corner of his eye that his magic had her undivided attention.

"Why not?" He stood closer to his magical projections and with a snap, he gave them a more exaggerated but elegant appearance, "One drop of your blood, diluted using Heavenly Dragon's essence, with some high-level magical enchantments... and we got ourselves 'Formula O'. A very powerful and effective potion that boosts the user. No side-effects so far."

The projections behind him changed to match his explanation. He blinked once and mouthed 'O' before adding the last part, "And, just for your information, I passed around this potion as 'Blessing of Ophis'."

Ophis tilted her head to one side, then to another, "How did this help?"

"For our plan to work, we need strong soldiers," He waved his hand and the projections changed again, "To cover our tracks."

Ophis looked at the plan for a few seconds before she pointed at one particular spot. Even though the projection was created using his magic, it still followed Ophis' direction.

"Is this way not faster?"

He looked at the new plan and took some time to absorb it. When he was done, he smiled and faced Ophis, "Yes. It is. But is it secure?"

"Why does it need to be?"

"Incalculable variables."

Images of two beings appeared behind him. The first one made Ophis frown but the second made her confused, "Why is Naruto Ōtsutsuki a problem?"

"Not a problem, just a watchout."

"Do you need my help?"

He chuckled. The absolute chaos it would create, it was very tempting. But he had a goal to reach, "Ophis, I understand. You want to hasten the plan since the end is within your reach. But, let us stick to the plan, all right?"

Seeing her shoulders dropping, he decided to elaborate, "For a few centuries, you tried to figure out a way. You made progress, yes, but nothing concrete. And now, after only a few months with me, you already have a foolproof solution in your hands. And if you compare this with your previous attempts, this plan is going at the speed of light. So, as I said before, take a break, enjoy your remaining time here," Then he went down on his knees so that he can match Ophis's eye level, "Because, you will be returning home soon."