37

Pandemonium

IV

Issei Hyoudou

16 hours before Great Red's imprisonment

0 hours before the Academy's lockdown

Just ten minutes ago, Issei was a nervous wreck. Who would blame him? He was going to have an official battle with Sairaorg Bael. Again.

Last time, he was nothing more than a glorious punching bag. Yes, many congratulated him for lasting the longest against Sairaorg in that rating game tournament, but they weren't in his shoes. They weren't going against that monster with their back against the wall. It wasn't a fight. It was a massacre.

And, he would have to go through it again.

Or, at least he thought so.

But as soon as the battle between Sairaorg and Arjuna was over, there was an announcement from Khaoss that all the activities of the tournament would be put on halt.

He didn't know why and he didn't want to ask. He was just glad that he didn't have to fight Sairaorg.

Issei looked at his hands and clenched his fists. For some reason, this was leaving a bad taste in his mouth. And he couldn't understand why. He ought to be happy. He was not going to be beaten to a pulp by Sairaorg. No matter what anyone else said, Rias or Akeno, he saw how powerful Sairaorg was. The monstrous tenacity that he had shown during his fight with Arjuna... Issei couldn't beat that.

He closed his eyes and released an audible breath.

But a part of him was unhappy about it.

"Am I becoming a masochist or what?"

A commotion made him shift his focus.

Currently, all the peerage members of Rias, Sona, Sairaorg, and Riser were sitting comfortably inside an enormous living room. He was not given all the details, as usual, but from what he had gathered so far was that the devils residing in the academy right now wanted to leave for the Underworld. Even he could tell that it wouldn't be easy since there was no direct portal to the Underworld from the Academy.

However, the young masters of the four groups still went to see their principal along with someone special.

Now, they were back.

Issei got up but before he could even take a step forward, Rias looked at him and shook her head. The message was clear, she was asking him to wait.

But seeing how Sairaorg and Riser were standing beside Rias and Akeno and discussing together just didn't feel right to him. Even though Rias, Akeno, and Issei were in the same room, there was still a huge gap between them.

Issei clicked his tongue and looked away.

Something was wrong with him since this morning. He was easily agitated and distracted, was overthinking a lot, and couldn't stand still. Plus, for some damn reason, his senses became sharper.

It felt like his body was itching to do something.

"Probably because I didn't fap for a while," He smiled at the conclusion he reached, "Yes, that's probably it."

"Everyone."

A soft tone but the demand behind it was unmistakable. One of the most gorgeous ladies Issei had seen but that chilling power behind her appearance and that knowing gaze made it impossible for him to act anything but proper in front of her. This was Grayfia Lucifuge, wife of Satan Sirzechs Lucifer.