34

Pandemonium

I

Jiraiya

28 hours before Great Red's imprisonment

12 hours before the Academy's lockdown

"Lord Jiraiya, we have recovered the bodies of the Old Satan faction leaders."

"Are all accounted for?"

Kuroka paused for a second before shaking her head, "Shalba Beelzebub is still missing."

"Increase the search parameter by another 25 kilometers and sweep the area again, if his body is not found then we have to assume that he escaped," Jiraiya sighed when he recalled the data he had gathered on Shalba, "Possibility of that is high since he is a slippery one."

Kuroka bowed before taking a few steps back and passing his command to their force through her earpiece.

They were on a manmade island near Iceland. Jiraiya scanned the ruins in front of him again, "A floating fortress would be a more fitting term."

The ruins and the few initial scans he had performed were enough for Jiraiya to recreate the structure of the fortress in his head, along with most of the vital details.

An enormous castle that was heavily fortified as well as had all the luxurious needs of the Old Satans. The size, the defensive mechanisms, and the location, "This was one of their primary bases."

And just like their other ones, this was also felled by Cao Cao's team, leaving no survivors.

Based on the residue energy signatures, Jiraiya could guess what happened here.

'Dimension Lost' was used to break the barriers of the fortress, followed by some sort of long-range attacks from 'True Longinus'. Most of the devils did not stand a chance against the holy element of 'True Longinus'. This caused the leaders of the Old Satan faction to emerge but Cao Cao's team was already inside the island. The following battle was intense but short. After the leaders were taken out, Cao Cao's team retreated.

"They bombarded the place after they retreated," Jiraiya focused on the small craters all around him. At first glance, others might think that they were caused by magical spells. But Jiraiya saw through the illusion. Manmade weapons were used first and then their tracks were covered through magic.

"Probably that is why they didn't remove the traces of the battle, to conceal certain weapons that the Hero faction used."

Cao Cao's team, the Hero faction, inside the Khaos Brigade was a watered-down version of Akatsuki. They had power but lacked experience, they had knowledge but lacked wisdom... and most importantly, their leader was strong but a delusional idiot. He wanted to defeat various Gods to show the might of humans to the supernatural world, completely disregarding the fact that this would plunge the supernatural world into chaos which ultimately would affect... no, destroy the human world as well.

But these kinds of idiots could be considered quite dangerous... and easier to manipulate.

And it seemed that the Greek Faction knew it as well.

So how did Jiraiya learn so much about the Hero Faction so quickly?

It was because they tried to infiltrate the Elemental Academy just like quite a few other groups. But they really underestimated Khaoss' capabilities. So, instead of uncovering the academy's secrets, they unknowingly gave away most of theirs to Khaoss, who later passed it to Jiraiya.