5

The Youkai King

V

"Wow~ I didn't think he would be putting so many conditions. It seems he still has his issues over 'Fate'."

Amaterasu chuckled at Naruto's sheepish expression as he was reading the report. They were at the last stage of her grand plan to reincarnate Naruto. Naruto's body was completed, and he was thrilled with the final outcome. Now, all that was left was to confirm the bodies of the other three souls she brought and where and how they would be reborn. For Naruto, since he was reincarnating, all he had to do was to take over the body she had created. The soul and the body would take time to adjust, meaning that the process of reincarnation was not instantaneous. It would take some time for him to wake up in his new body, maybe a couple of days to a month at most. After that, his reincarnation would be considered completed. Of course, he would need some extra time to get used to his new body and power. But she was sure that would not take long.

But the rest of the souls she brought would have to start over from the beginning, meaning all the way from infancy. Well, in most cases, since Jiraiya, Naruto's mentor and godfather from his previous world, chose a youkai that not only was perfect for his personality but also bypassed this big hurdle, somewhat. He was quite the crafty one if she was being honest.

"Well, as you can see, I am also giving them the choice. Anything they want, as long as it is under our jurisdiction. After all, like you, they are our special guests." Amaterasu leaned back onto her chair, "And for your friend here, although he has the most conditions, they are not that hard to grant. I mean, if you summarize everything, he wants two simple things. First, he wants to be the firstborn of a strong but friendly clan patriarch. Second is that he does not want us to interfere with his life. He wants to create his own path, his own 'Fate' as he liked to say."

Naruto started rubbing the back of his head, "I guess I can see where he is coming from. Well, as long as he is happy with it." He put down that report and went for another one, "But I do wonder how well things will go for him? I mean, it would suck if he would become a broody asshole again like his early childhood." Naruto's hand stopped mid-way, "Well, I will just give him another beating and talking if that happens. I mean, he turned out great after my 'Talk no Jutsu'."

Amaterasu delicately raised one eyebrow at Naruto but did not comment.

But before Naruto could read the following report, Susanoo barged in.

"Amaterasu, it's a disaster! Izanagi came back!"

For a moment, she was utterly stunned. But when she finally registered the words, she abruptly stood up from her chair.

"This... is not possible."

"Is there something wrong?" Naruto asked very politely as he put down the report. She and Susanoo looked at him and then back at each other. She understood from the eye contact that it was up to her whether to tell Naruto about the situation or not.

"Sit, Susanoo." She waved her hand, conjuring another chair beside Naruto and locking the door simultaneously.

Sitting down, she looked at Naruto, "Can you wait for a moment?"

"Should I leave?"

"There is no need." Amaterasu sighed, "If this is true, then we may need your help, much sooner than we expected."

Naruto nodded in acknowledgment.

Amaterasu looked at Susanoo, who had been quiet until now, and finally started speaking, "Our mother's shrine, the Izanagi Shrine, located at Hyōgo Prefecture was just invaded. I have already sent a platoon, but from the message we received, I do not think we will find any survivors by the time they will reach there. Fortunately, the Head Miko was able to send a fully detailed report of the attack."