🚪|23

Third person
Pov

    “So, um- how was your day?”

That was the only thing Minjun's wandering mind could think of, to at least ease the cumbersome atmosphere a bit. She did not know what to do at the moment, trying to select from the list of options her current state had presented to her, one; was she supposed to act aloof about the whole situation? Or should she simply sing the whole thing like a canary to the taller? Or perhaps, she should begin by apologizing for misusing his trust. Was it best if she changed the subject?

Countless other questions were conceived by fright, different scenarios as to how this situation would turn out.

For starters; her dishonesty could lead to her being kicked out or maybe worse. Chris' current silence wasn't helping either, she had nothing to work with. It was hard to decipher what he was thinking or what his reaction could be.

He casually prude to the kitchen, fetched himself a bottle of water, offered Minjun too– which she had declined.

Once the male tossed the bottle into the trashbin, missing the hoop and causing the bottle to create the only sound that sliced through he silence.

“My day was fine, thank you for asking.”

That was his reply, and it made the brunette breathe out a sigh of relieve, feeling a bit lighter that he didn't bellow at her– or maybe, not yet. Her lips twitched into a quick smile, which she swiftly folded into a line. That fast thumping her heart was doing, normalizing for a bit, how she'd wring her hand as nervousness gnawed at her minimized too.

The only problem was, what now?

Dare I say Minjun was ready to test the waters? She didn't want this discovery to linger in the air by pushing his conversation away, so she asked. “Are you mad at me?”

“Yes. Very.  I am in fact very mad at you,” Chris sighed, his arms crossed on his chest as he waited for any sort of excuse she had to give.

“Yeah. I know I wasn't being honest, I just-” Minjun repeatedly tapped her index finger on her thigh. “-You wouldn't understand,” She pressed out. It would be an utter fib if she proclaimed how gruffed Chan sounded didn't intimidate her. His fluffy demeanour now casted a dark shadow as he stood opposite her, his lips scrawling like she had never seen before. His muscles flexing the more agitated he got. And Lord it wasn't the time but Minjun found him dapper.

“Then make me understand,” if silence gave understanding, Chris would have been locked and loaded with massive knowledge by now. The female only stood timid in his torrid gaze. “You can't just lie to me about your job, Jun. What if something came up and I had to give an account about where you were? I wouldn't be correct if I said the café nor the supermarket nor whatever fucking place you lied about too. And the cuts, bruises and wounds? You left so many thing in the dark. Do you know how furious that makes me?”

“A lot?” Minjun mused. “And. . . and, I'm sorry, I have reasons but I can't tell you. I- I know its a dumb excuse and I'm sorry. I'm just scared.”

“Scared that I'd judge you?” the blue haired brows creased in a curious frown.

“That too, but I'm more scared of him.”

-----------------• ° -💙- ° •----------------

Let's just pretend like I didn't just disappear like that 👀

Never have I ever; gone bungee jumping

Anyways hi, how are you?

As always Lee (> •-•)> will be taking your votes and comments

Thanks for reading
Cya💙