Chapter 3: I make friends (sort of)

««««««««»»»»»»»»

Chloe's POV

««««««««»»»»»»»»

    My room was small with a bed in the middle, a desk on the side, a T.V. on the wall, a closet, and a bathroom to the side. "If you want, we can shop for clothes sometime this week. But you can borrow some of M'gann's or mine for now." Artemis said as I looked around in the bathroom. "What type of clothes do you wear here?" I ask. They both glance at each other and think for a moment. "Any type you want. Well, keep in mind, we have a Wally." She says as she rolls her eyes.

"He's your boyfriend." M'gann says as she glances at Artemis. She rolls her eyes but smiles. "Does... everyone here have a boyfriend?" I ask. "Not me." Garfield says sadly, but laced with sarcasm. Artemis laughs a bit while M'gann rolls his eyes. I offer him a smile, and he smiles back. "Besides Artemis, Karen, and me, everyone here is single. So, than means Wally, Conner, and Mal are taken." M'gann says as she starts pushing Artemis and Garfield out of my room. "We'll give you time to get settled." She says as she closes the door.

I sigh and sit on the bed. I think for a while, trying to remember anything I can. "My name is Chloe _______ _______ and I am from ______. I am __ years old and my parents' names are _______ and _______ and I have ___ siblings." I thought to myself. I repeated over and over again, but it didn't help. I finally decided to get some fresh air and stepped out of the room. As soon as I stepped out, I ran into something, or someone. "Ah!" I said as I fell backwards toward the ground.

"Sorry! So Sorry!" The person said. They grabbed me by the waist, catching me just in time. I grab onto their shoulders. We end up in a dip position, and I look up, seeing Jaime's face. I become a tomato, I can feel it. He gives a nervous smile as he lifts me up. "Sorry again. I'm Jaime." He says as he extends his hand. "Chloe. But, uh, I think everyone knows that." I said as a smile appeared on my face.

He smiles back. Then he frowns. "Shut up." He says to me, but maybe not me? The smile washes off my face. "Uh, sorry?" I said. He sighs and offers me a smile again. Talk about mood swings. "Sorry, I wasn't uh talking to you. I was uh, talking to my, uh, well, this is going to be weird to explain." He said as he rubbed the back of my neck. "Jaime. I fell out of the sky today and discovered I could fly. Nothing is weird today." I said as I crossed my arms and gave a small smile.

He frowned again. "That was yesterday. I guess nobody told you that you were out for a whole day." He said. My eyes widened and I could feel my eyebrows go up. "I guess that's why I'm so hungry. But back to your weird story." I said as I gestured for him to continue. He sighed. "It's better if I just show you." He said. All of a sudden, blue and black armor began to engulf his body. I jumped back in shock.

"Ah! Los siento amiga. Didn't mean to scare you." He said. I widened my eyes. "What language do you speak?" I asked him. "Spanish." He replied, and I finally noticed his accent. "Oh, I don't know that language. But anyway, what is this... suit?" I said as I gestured to him. "This is my suit. The scarab on my back is what I was talking to. He gives me... advice I guess? Really bad advice, mostly murderous, but I think he tries his best." He said as he turned to show me the large blue bug attached to his back.

"Does it come off?" I asked as I gently poked it. He shook his head. "Not so far. It's been stuck on my back for about 3 months." He said sadly. "Oh, sorry." I said as silence leaked in between us. A question popped in my head. "Do I have an accent?" I asked him. A waved his hand. "Sort of. It's like you took all the accents from all our countries and combined them. But you can still understand what you're saying." He explained. I nodded, and he nodded back. More silence.

You could say I was sort of making friends. Another question popped into my head. "Do you have any food here?" I asked, and on que, my stomach growled. He smiled. The suit came off of him, revealing his sweatshirt and jeans, and cute face. Did I just say cute? Never mind. "C'mon amiga, let's go to the kitchen."  He says as he begins to walk away, and I follow. On the way while we were talking, I decided his laugh, accent, and face were cute.

««««««««»»»»»»»»

Rebecca's POV

««««««««»»»»»»»»

    "The princess still hasn't responded. We've lost all contact." A Helman scientist said to me after checking the computers. I grabbed the bar I was leaning so hard it bent in. The scientist took it as a clue to leave. "Chloe, how hard did that meteor hit you?" I muttered. "We will find her." My father spoke to me from the Blazer Chair. "Should we send a team?" I asked.

"No, give her a few months. She may have had to disable her gear for a good reason, maybe she had to infiltrate a base. After all, there are Lanterns and other aliens on E7, or as some call it, Earth." Father said as he stood up off the chair and began to rub his chin. "And if not?" I said. Father frowned at the thought and stopped rubbing his chin. He turned to me with a smirk on his face. "Then we send the Reach in." He said, with a darker tone than usual.

__________________________

Sorry if this chapter is getting a bit boring, but I had a busy day so I needed a filler. I'll try to update as much as I can!